Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I click to log on it goes to launcher page sits there for about a minute then crashes!!! WTF! why can we get a response on this problem? Do we need to re-download the whole game, just tell us! Just tell us what to do, I payed for my head start and dient even get it!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlaw View Post
I click to log on it goes to launcher page sits there for about a minute then crashes!!! WTF! why can we get a response on this problem? Do we need to re-download the whole game, just tell us! Just tell us what to do, I payed for my head start and dient even get it!!!!
my issue is the same but different, i have launcher up but my password apparently doesnt work even though i reset it at STO twice this morning
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:04 AM
I can enter password then it goes on to patch and just freezes within 4 - 5 seconds. So much for headstart
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:14 AM
they totally... BLOW... WTH IS HAPPENING I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 06:17 AM
I too had this issue. So I decided to verify my game files in steam and now when I launch STO it wants to redownload the entire game again (10GB) because steam decided it had to delete it all... for a second time.

Screw that, I got better things to be doing than sitting here looking at a download counter. I'll wait until there's official confirmation that this problem is sorted. Once it is, I don't really care who's fault it is, but I will want my 30-days free game time included with my purchase, extended by how many days I haven't been able to access the headstart. After all, the headstart access was advertised as part of the purchase and greatly affected by purchasing decision, and therefore, I will be seeking compensation since I cannot access what I paid for.

I'm not going to rant on and on and flame every topic out of pure rage, that would be fruitless. I simply want what I paid for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 06:22 AM
yes same, heres what i have tried so far:

downloaded entire steam download AGAIN.

downloaded star trek online client and updated it all... @ a whopping 20kbps......ye, lovely

and none of my versions work. ive tried all the various fixes, but 90% of the time my launcher crashes and the other 10% it was to download another 2.4gb patch.... (the same one i downloaded at 20kbps.

No formal communication on this heinous issue. Im not happy really... this headstart hasnt been worth a light and makes me doubt the lifetime subscription ive invested.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM.