Lt. Commander
I click to log on it goes to launcher page sits there for about a minute then crashes!!! WTF! why can we get a response on this problem? Do we need to re-download the whole game, just tell us! Just tell us what to do, I payed for my head start and dient even get it!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlaw View Post
I click to log on it goes to launcher page sits there for about a minute then crashes!!! WTF! why can we get a response on this problem? Do we need to re-download the whole game, just tell us! Just tell us what to do, I payed for my head start and dient even get it!!!!
my issue is the same but different, i have launcher up but my password apparently doesnt work even though i reset it at STO twice this morning
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:04 AM
I can enter password then it goes on to patch and just freezes within 4 - 5 seconds. So much for headstart
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:14 AM
they totally... BLOW... WTH IS HAPPENING I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 06:17 AM
I too had this issue. So I decided to verify my game files in steam and now when I launch STO it wants to redownload the entire game again (10GB) because steam decided it had to delete it all... for a second time.

Screw that, I got better things to be doing than sitting here looking at a download counter. I'll wait until there's official confirmation that this problem is sorted. Once it is, I don't really care who's fault it is, but I will want my 30-days free game time included with my purchase, extended by how many days I haven't been able to access the headstart. After all, the headstart access was advertised as part of the purchase and greatly affected by purchasing decision, and therefore, I will be seeking compensation since I cannot access what I paid for.

I'm not going to rant on and on and flame every topic out of pure rage, that would be fruitless. I simply want what I paid for.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 06:22 AM
yes same, heres what i have tried so far:

downloaded entire steam download AGAIN.

downloaded star trek online client and updated it all... @ a whopping 20kbps......ye, lovely

and none of my versions work. ive tried all the various fixes, but 90% of the time my launcher crashes and the other 10% it was to download another 2.4gb patch.... (the same one i downloaded at 20kbps.

No formal communication on this heinous issue. Im not happy really... this headstart hasnt been worth a light and makes me doubt the lifetime subscription ive invested.