Lt. Commander
# 11
01-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidar_Jarok
To Let you know windows 7 professional is not meant for gaming, there are key components that are missing to make it worth using for gaming that no matter what windows updates you install unless you upgrade to windows 7 ultimate or switch to windows 7 home premium, any game you use on pro will have excessive problems / difficulties or possibly not work at all

and definitely do not get windows 7 home basic or the windows 7 starter edition if that is even in the u.s. but only home premium and ultimate will function worth while for gaming and only because that is the only real reason they made those versions

plus i've upgraded to brand new 196.21 drvers released earlier this week for geforce cards and no issues actually runs smoother than ever on higher settings than before
What features exactly are missing in Windows 7 Professional which exists in Home Premium besides the Media Center features?

The fact you are even trying to claim Professional cannot be used on a personal computer instead of a officer computer is idiotic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkerPhantom View Post
What features exactly are missing in Windows 7 Professional which exists in Home Premium besides the Media Center features?

The fact you are even trying to claim Professional cannot be used on a personal computer instead of a officer computer is idiotic.
Perhaps they changed something but originally windows 7 professional was not supposed to have the same functionality with directx and was originally intended for business only, if they added what they said they were going to leave out then they are the better people for doing that
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I am using the latest driver set, 196.xx which I dl'd Wednesday. I'm pulling about 68 fps and was connected 10 hours straight Friday with no issues. Oh... 9800 GT.