Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
First off i do play EVE... And at this present time EVE feels like a star trek more than star trek does.
Really? How many planets have you been on in EVE? I''l wait.

Actually no, I won't.

Have fun in EVE.

Buh, bye.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strombonni
I found eve to be vast amounts of boredom. I'm enjoying the heck out of star trek.
That will change when you hit max level in less than 2 weeks and the go er what now?

ive been playing eve since its launch thats 7 years now and im still learning new skills and getting in to better ships ect... you might have found it boring thats your call, but it shure as hell has alot more life than a 2 week grind to max level.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichVR View Post
Really? How many planets have you been on in EVE? I''l wait.

Actually no, I won't.

Have fun in EVE.

Buh, bye.
Realy? and howmuch of these planets on sto are actualy worth going to? oh ill go and scan these 4 generators in this 20 x 20 grid then go back to my ship.

planets are all good if there useful but right now there just a "small" box that serves as a distraction to draw your attention away from the mundane fly through the belt scanning 5 anomolies missions.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
That will change when you hit max level in less than 2 weeks and the go er what now?

ive been playing eve since its launch thats 7 years now and im still learning new skills and getting in to better ships ect... you might have found it boring thats your call, but it shure as hell has alot more life than a 2 week grind to max level.
Great. You love EVE. Others love STO. The comparison is frankly unfair to both. Yes, EVE has a ton to do but I and many others find it to be a monotonous bore populated by elitist snobs who think they're "le ****" because they've been able to master a faux-economy.

...actually, I may be alone on that second part but my point still stands.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't disagree that more and bigger places to go in STO would be good.

I do disagree with making it more like EVE in any way with regard to space travel. I had fun in EVE and love the concept but I'm not the right kind of player for such a cut throat environment and I would wager that many looking at STO aren't ether. Simply put, happy EVE players have found a place for them selves in the game and play it.

If you are here, you may be looking for greener pastures. Please think about why.

Also this is a Star Trek game not a game about a star trek, it may not be meant to conform to that standard.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 07:30 AM
I have Eve as well.

I like the instant action in STO. If it feels "canned" then they are accurately depicting Star Trek as all the travelling is compacted in favor of ACTION.

The planet adventures are small? I had fun on the changling mission moving through the brush and ganking Klingons. Plenty big box there.

IT"S LIKE THE TV SHOW!!

I am not a lifetime subscriber, but I like STO. I don't mind the extra $ it costs me.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
First off i do play EVE... And at this present time EVE feels like a star trek more than star trek does. But I am not looking for another EVE i am looking for a star trek that i can become fully emersed in. I want be in space that feels like SPACE.. not a small little non-lighted cardboard box. Star trek barley feels like a MMO and It defentely DOESNT feel vast and wonderous. Or maybe im asking for too much out of it. Maybe I should expect a single player game.
Then you made your post wrong. Completely wrong, so expect to get flamed.

You should have named your post "I want more immersion in the game, I want it to feel more trek like" and then go into how that can be accomplished. I would recommend you try again, and make another post.

Starting out comparing STO to EVE is not a good idea...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
That will change when you hit max level in less than 2 weeks and the go er what now? .
Ha this is exactlly my point... STO is like no foreplay what so ever... its just press this button 2 seconds your there and now your doing your mission.. there is no adventure...

where is boldly going where no man has gone before (mind you i dont really expect this in a video game),

where is seaking out new life and new civilizations?

For those of you who think flying around would be dull and boring...

simply give us a ship to explore and do stuff in while were proceeding to our destination

. Flying while looking at our ship like in EVE? Let us fly from our bridge! Let us move around while were flying inside our ships.

Let us take our friends with us on our ships! Hell let us form (ill call it a guild) and fly ships that takes multiple people to fly. ( i dont really expect this) but it would be cool.

I dont know about the rest of you but for me and from my experience Star Trek has never Even in war been shoot first ask questions later.. So why is all our missions about fighting and killing (with the exceptions of some explore missions and there few and far between)

There are so many things that could make this game the best out there. Unfortunatlly if they stay on this road its going to be dead in a couple years.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Putting every geek idea I've read being insisted upon in these "It's good, but..." threads would overload what is already a FUN game.

Just take out your Trekkie Toys and play with them while you play the game and you will be alright.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Putting every geek idea I've read being insisted upon in these "It's good, but..." threads would overload what is already a FUN game..
Well then enjoy the 1 year of life you will get out of a boring pointless game!!!!