Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
You did this all through open beta, random patches, we're forced to download them if we want to continue playing, but we have no idea what you're doing!

Are you nerfing us? Buffing the mobs? Making space combat so pathetic that the average player can do it in his or her sleep? Buffing boarding parties to infinity and beyond (/buzz lightyear voice)? Adding extremely annoying sound effects that are produced if we push a hot key for a beam weapon or projectile that is on cooldown? Fixing bugs?

We want to know! Each and every time, not just when you feel like it! And add a link on the launcher for the patch notes so we can read it while it patches!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:28 AM
If it's just a little patch, just rest assured it is basic stability fixes. Any serious bug fixes or content changes will have patch notes. They are pretty good about that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
This thread is uncalled for. You know they will put up notes when they are relevant to us.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
This thread is uncalled for. You know they will put up notes when they are relevant to us.
Im paying for a product and service, so everything is relevant to me; even if it is stability related.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
they're patching the game WE are PAYING for so its relevant to ME. I guess its not relevant to you as you dont care about the quality of service your paying for with your's or whoever's money but I do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
Im paying for a product and service, so everything is relevant to me; even if it is stability related.

No. No it isn't in any way, shape or form. You really need to drop that entitlement attitude you have.

They said it was a full server stability patch. thats ALL you need to know.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
they're patching the game WE are PAYING for so its relevant to ME. I guess its not relevant to you as you dont care about the quality of service your paying for with your's or whoever's money but I do.
then don't pay gtfo this game if your going to bit_h about every little thing, what do you want? them to come knock at your door drive you too their office and brief you on every little tiny thing?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:41 AM
I dont expect to know each and every little thing, but it is nice to see what is going on when patches roll out, because a lot of the time it does change how i might play them game.

my 2 cents
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimi38 View Post
then don't pay gtfo this game if your going to bit_h about every little thing, what do you want? them to come knock at your door drive you too their office and brief you on every little tiny thing?
nope sorry, not leaving.

I expect them to provide a quality product, no more no less.
If you don't mind not having a quality product then go back to WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:03 AM
The standard for MMOGs are to nottify players what patches are actually doing. I'm going to go with an assumption here that the devs are not planning on giving us notes (If you are, bravo!). It's not about entitlement, it's about adapting and understanding changes in a persistant game. I don't want to come in after patch day and find out a version of phaser doesn't work the same. Giving us enough notice about game mechanics, or even lag fixes is all part of running an MMOG. We need to be informed.