Lt. Commander
# 1 Space Maneuvers
01-30-2010, 06:17 AM
I know a lot of people complain about how space is not true 3D and you don't have the ability to move in complete 3D.

Then someone mentioned the point of the ground dodge is that you could quickly get out of the way of grenades and such... That got me thinking, why not apply the Ground combat idea to space? And that led me to these 4 maneuvers

Roll - A quick spin of the ship if perfectly timed right will allow one to dodge torpedoes
Loop - The ship does a Vertical loop, like you see in some jet fights, allowing a player to quickly get behind a following enemy
Dive/Ascend - The ship goes straight down or up the vertical axis.

Of course just like ground combat each of these would have a timer bar thingy. These would be really useful to everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I acctuly found the space combat to be the better part of the game thus far it never laged on me. however wih ground combat or just walking through the earth starbase it would take my character like 2 minutes to reacive the comand to move to the left and the walking over all was just lagin horably
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Great... now actually read the post. This has nothing to do with ground moving, but a mechanic that is used in one area that could be used in another to make it better.