Lt. Commander
Spock narrates the events that follow AFTER he goes back through time and establishes the alternative timeline. How can he know these things happen? It doesn't make sense.

We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).

I can't wrap my brain around how Spock narrates events that he cannot know about.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Spock narrates the events that follow AFTER he goes back through time and establishes the alternative timeline. How can he know these things happen? It doesn't make sense.

We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).

I can't wrap my brain around how Spock narrates events that he cannot know about.
LOL I thought the same thing, but hey, no big deal. Cryptic probably wanted a big name to narrate events so I'm not too concerned by it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post

Well, it is the actor Leonard Nimoy talking, not the character Spock...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephane
no, he makes referaces to himself as spock
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Da bigga da name, da bigga da game.

...least, that the theory.

It's just marketing, don't let it get you down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
But it is Spock! "I worked for unification, blah blah. I travelled in a ship... red matter... blah blah."
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Let's say that someone, I'll go with Tuvok came back through a quantum transporter event. Ran into his Spock and mind melded with him, then went back. New Spock asked Spock classic what it's like back in his reality and Spock tells Spock what's going on and that's what we hear.

Sounds like the kind of plot that would work.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
LIES!!! ITS SPOCK I TELL YOU SPOCK!!!!!

what he does is gets to a ship then fly's round a sun at warp speed then into a black hole then does a loop the loop though an exploding star and bam he manages to open a quantum singularity into the past future and come back to his original time line 4 days after he left.

Simplez
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 09:17 AM
To Spock, death is just an extended vacation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty70 View Post
Let's say that someone, I'll go with Tuvok came back through a quantum transporter event. Ran into his Spock and mind melded with him, then went back. New Spock asked Spock classic what it's like back in his reality and Spock tells Spock what's going on and that's what we hear.

Sounds like the kind of plot that would work.
How could Tuvok jump between alternative timelines like that? He would have to go back to the Prime timeline to wait for Spock to meet him, and then he would be stuck on the new alternative timeline.

Er... wait... no none of it makes any sense. lol