Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Well he is speaking in the character of Spock, speaking of his "old friends" alluding to Kirk etc.

There does seem to be a bit of a conflict between how Spock as narrator can know of events in the "Prime" storyline when he is now in the "Abrams-verse" well prior to 2409.

I just don't give it much thought and just think of it as Cryptic adding some fan-friendly touches to the game just like using Quinto as a EMH voice. I guess it's just musing on the state of things in 2409 assuming he had been there to see it, even though he himself mentions he isn't.

Just fluff.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
To Spock, death is just an extended vacation.
With a guarentee to direct the next couple of movies?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:22 AM
You folks are forgetting the one entity that could make this happen....either by showing Spock the alternate timelines, shifting him between them, or just telling him about it. The Omnipotent Q !
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
How could Tuvok jump between alternative timelines like that? He would have to go back to the Prime timeline to wait for Spock to meet him, and then he would be stuck on the new alternative timeline.

Er... wait... no none of it makes any sense. lol
That's why I said it requires a quantum transporter event (lets throw in some chronotons for good measure). Don't know what type of event, but one that effects both time and space.

Despite the claims, reality hopping/time hopping really isn't that hard in the Trek universe. Happens at least once a season.

As for getting back home, Scotty did it, then made a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty70 View Post
That's why I said it requires a quantum transporter event (lets throw in some chronotons for good measure). Don't know what type of event, but one that effects both time and space.

Despite the claims, reality hopping/time hopping really isn't that hard in the Trek universe. Happens at least once a season.

As for getting back home, Scotty did it, then made a joke.
I guess your right. At least we should be thankful that this jumping doesn't involve a big log, a disco ball, and some humpback whales.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
I guess your right. At least we should be thankful that this jumping doesn't involve a big log, a disco ball, and some humpback whales.
I never did understand how that was the best Star Trek movie ever...

"Star Trek: Go Green!"
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
You folks are forgetting the one entity that could make this happen....either by showing Spock the alternate timelines, shifting him between them, or just telling him about it. The Omnipotent Q !
That pretty cool. Q putting Spock on trial for the crimes of violating temporal prime directives or something.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 09:31 AM
See..threads like this are why most of us will never breed....
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Does it REALLY matter?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpyder View Post
no, he makes referaces to himself as spock
Oh ok, then I am wrong here.