Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:15 AM
I suck at video games and it's too easy for me too. Please Cryptic give us a difficulty settings slider.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I have been playing MMOs for a while now as probably most of you veterans have and have you ever been challenged in the first ten levels? The only game I have was Guild Wars and that's because it's half the game to get to level 10. I don't care about difficulty right now. i would like to see what it is like post Lt. Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 07:50 AM
1 to 11 they said are very easy
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:19 AM
If you guys had actually READ the forums during beta rather than just whine you would know that the first Tier is made deliberately easier.

And the issue that people were complaining about, and the Devs admittedly overreacted too initially, was the alpha strike from packs of Klingons even a couple levels below you would nuke the first ship in range. It's was like 25 torps from 5-6 ships up your shuttle bay at one time. It was not fun.

Once you get into T2 it gets more difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
All ground and space missions I have done, Klingon and Fed, are just cake walks. No fun. No thrill. No challenge. I mean the combat is as exciting as scanning those anomilies.

I was taking on +2 Crusiers in my stock BoP out of the gate and and they where barely denting my shields and then going down after a good torp volley.

I am hoping this was just tweaked so when the game goes full release the early wont be crowded.
Wow you must just be awesome then, the best video game player EVAR!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Around Lt 8 it starts getting harder, even before that there are a few quests where a 5 man group had to die and fly back constantly to finish. If its still too easy, check and make sure ur not Lt 10 doing Lt 5 missions too. Or try skipping ahead to do more challenging leveled quests/missions.

Think its still too easy? Fly to DS9 and do some deep space encounters as you are now
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 09:58 AM
wait till you do the briar mission its not hard just stupid.. love the randomly spawning gas that happens to spawn on top of u in combat every time so original.... beyond that after level 11 it starts t get more difficult wait till your 30 and try and solo and face a keldon that keeps spawning photonic galors every few seconds .. counrted 6 one time 6 photonic galors, 1 keldon, 2 jemhadar attack ships.. I died very quickly lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
wait till you do the briar mission its not hard just stupid.. love the randomly spawning gas that happens to spawn on top of u in combat every time so original.... beyond that after level 11 it starts t get more difficult wait till your 30 and try and solo and face a keldon that keeps spawning photonic galors every few seconds .. counrted 6 one time 6 photonic galors, 1 keldon, 2 jemhadar attack ships.. I died very quickly lol
I believe Cryptic made that Briar patch mission into noob sauce easy too. Also, it was easy ... if you just went the long way around. Use your head and dont charge
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_gamer View Post
Wow you must just be awesome then, the best video game player EVAR!
No, he probably increased the right skills and farmed the right areas for loot.

Just like any MMO, this MMO is not about pressing the right buttons... but it is also about planning correctly. Farming and getting the right gear and increasing the right skills. Getting +9 in Science Teams wont do you any good, if you have no science officer in a ground mission or any space mission, for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Why don't you save your QQs until you are leveled up a bit and start running into Romulans ? Those guys heal their own in combat and even revive.
Just because the first 10 levels are easygoing doesn't mean the entire game is.