# 21
01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
/\
|
|
|
|
|
is a macro using borg and not to be trusted.

p.s. i'm waiting impatiently for my patching to get done, as such i'm not responible for anything, like for example blowing up cryptic headquarters in an hour or so to prevent them from shutting down the servers
(the game servers are stored off-site right?) 10 minutes after i'm finally able to play.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 02:04 AM
buy your self a turbo joystick and use duck tape to hold the buttion down instant fire all weapons
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Every other space combat sim I have played has had the "hold button = repeat fire @ max rate" feature. I want this or toggle auto fire for *all* my beam weapons.

More specifically, if I cant set all beam weapons to auto fire, then there is *no* point to having even one auto fire and they should just take it away. Once we get up to having 4 or 5 beam weapons for and aft, having one of ten weapons firing is useless.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 06:41 AM
all ships have the ability to keep two weapons firing continuously without running low on weapon energy (low weapon energy = each shot does less damage) ...

the design they have in mind (probably) is that you fire a salvo with all your weapons.. two are autofiring, your weapon energy goes down the drain and recharges..
when its back up again, you fire all weapons again.
fighting like that, you do more damage than if all your weapons were firing all the time, but doing only 10-20 damage.

still.. if people want a piece of rope to hang themselves with, go right ahead

fake-edit: there are also fittings you can use to have a sustainable weapon energy whilst firing all weapons. so there's a reason to allow it for that reason too.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriel
all ships have the ability to keep two weapons firing continuously without running low on weapon energy (low weapon energy = each shot does less damage) ...

the design they have in mind (probably) is that you fire a salvo with all your weapons.. two are autofiring, your weapon energy goes down the drain and recharges..
when its back up again, you fire all weapons again.
fighting like that, you do more damage than if all your weapons were firing all the time, but doing only 10-20 damage.

still.. if people want a piece of rope to hang themselves with, go right ahead

fake-edit: there are also fittings you can use to have a sustainable weapon energy whilst firing all weapons. so there's a reason to allow it for that reason too.
eps flow....
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
I'm sure the devs have just 1 front and 1 rear weapon autofire limit for a reason. Heck, it might even be a freaking damn good reason for it. However, have they communicated that reason? nope. They have not told us either way if autofire will be extended, or not. No response at all. That is the main problem I have. They just choose to ignore it altogether.
old game engine from another game they made.. limitations on autofire are probably hard coded into the UI scripting language they use. this is something they need to look into fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyheart View Post
old game engine from another game they made.. limitations on autofire are probably hard coded into the UI scripting language they use. this is something they need to look into fixing.
Even if this were true, writing GUI script to handle this is a non issue. It's just a matter of doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyheart View Post
However, for a limited time you could put on more than two autofire weapons within the basic UI. It was nothing more than a glitch in the game code (and how it trusts the client too much), but for a time, you could put two, or even three, weapons on a single side onto autofire.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I vote yes. It is absurd you havde to continouisly hit a button so many times to fire. You should be able to auto attack and then throw in torpedos and special attacks manually as you keep auto attacking like in every other MMO. I told one of cryptics guys this at the gamestop expo when I got to try it out last september but he acted like no one will care.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
I vote yes to auto fire as well. Honestly I dont mind the current set up in space as it is helpful for keeping weapon energy high if your not running eps flow but on ground its just... silly. It makes me want to just not fire and let my team do the work which so would not be fair or effective.

I see no reason to not have auto fire for ground as the mechancis stand now. Either enable it or change to a universal fire time where the weapons fire for like five seconds every click.