Lt. Commander
# 1 Sloooooow Patching
01-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Picked up the game from BestBuy yesterday and I was fine with the 7.5 download that took all night but then I start patching 6838mb this morning and it's going about as fast molasses and for some reason the patcher shuts itself down and I have to restart it. At this rate I'll be ready to play on the 4th. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I have the same problem. After I was forced to re-download the entire client about an hour into head start (this was NOT a Steam fault as I had copied my STO directory to a different drive after OB in case something like that happened and that also required a total download) I now can not get into the game as the patcher has slowed down to a crawl - I am downloading at something like 25k/second.

I have restarted my PC and modem and am just stuck waiting. I'm going to log a fault but TBH if it isn't sorted by the end of the day I'll just delete the game and go back to MW2 and E:TW - the last games I purchased which have performed flawlessly since day 1.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Also I can not create a ticket about his problem as when I click on "Patching or Installation Issues" or any of the other options for that matter, nothing happens.