Lt. Commander
# 1 what do the skills do??
01-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I have no idea what any of this means.. any help?

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4941/skillfusion.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:47 AM
The abilities used by any engineer class Bridge Officer in your away team will be improved. Engineers have two types of ground skills, modifications skills that hurt the enemy and maintenance skills that buff/heal your away team.

I always put a few points into each of the three away team boosters just to help my Bridge Officers out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
The abilities used by any engineer class Bridge Officer in your away team will be improved. Engineers have two types of ground skills, modifications skills that hurt the enemy and maintenance skills that buff/heal your away team.
thanks, so those 3 skills for the engineering/tac/sci in the image there affect my BOffs skills on the ground ONLY?

these skills, are these my characters class skills (since he's an engineer?) and a tactical captain would have tactical skills here instead?

and what abilities do these sets of skills affect? they seem to be sciency type stuff, do they only affect abilities that the science BOff uses in space? cause I plan to fly a cruiser and it seems like a waste of points for that stuff since i'll have only 1 science boff ?

also am I correct in assuming that I don't need to get the first skill in a row in order to put points into the skill in the next column, I just need to a get rank up and I can put points anywhere in that column whether or not I put points in a skill in that row already?

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
thanks, so those 3 skills for the engineering/tac/sci in the image there affect my BOffs skills on the ground ONLY?
Yes although they also effect the engi/sci/tactical team BOff space ability (as in the single 'team' abilitys, not all space abilitys)
Quote:
these skills, are these my characters class skills (since he's an engineer?) and a tactical captain would have tactical skills here instead?
correct
Quote:
and what abilities do these sets of skills affect? they seem to be sciency type stuff, do they only affect abilities that the science BOff uses in space? cause I plan to fly a cruiser and it seems like a waste of points for that stuff since i'll have only 1 science boff ?
these skill raise our sciance BOff powers correct, its godo idear to raise the first one at least 4 points, then just raise the skills that relate to the sciance power you plan to use
Quote:
also am I correct in assuming that I don't need to get the first skill in a row in order to put points into the skill in the next column, I just need to a get rank up and I can put points anywhere in that column whether or not I put points in a skill in that row already?
correct
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
thanks, very helpful