Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
01-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Spock narrates the events that follow AFTER he goes back through time and establishes the alternative timeline. How can he know these things happen? It doesn't make sense.

We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).

I can't wrap my brain around how Spock narrates events that he cannot know about.


He is SpocK.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
01-30-2010, 10:48 AM
After seeing the new introduction (Real Spock/ Leonard Nimoy always being awesome), I admit I was a little confused. I know we're at the latest time in the series, but we ARE in the Prime-universe, correct? Ie. We're not at this advanced time in the Abrams-verse?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
01-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsys View Post
After seeing the new introduction (Real Spock/ Leonard Nimoy always being awesome), I admit I was a little confused. I know we're at the latest time in the series, but we ARE in the Prime-universe, correct? Ie. We're not at this advanced time in the Abrams-verse?
You are correct.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Spock narrates the events that follow AFTER he goes back through time and establishes the alternative timeline. How can he know these things happen? It doesn't make sense.

We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).

I can't wrap my brain around how Spock narrates events that he cannot know about.


Because he's Spock. Seriously, I think the guy knows everything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
01-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).
So, we're assuming a series of non-Trek movies is Canon in Star Trek, but 8 episodes of three different Star Trek series covering the Mirror Universe aren't?

The Mirror Universe is an alternate timeline, just like the JJverse. People travel back and forth. That could happen with the JJverse too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
01-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Spock narrates the events that follow AFTER he goes back through time and establishes the alternative timeline. How can he know these things happen? It doesn't make sense.

We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).

I can't wrap my brain around how Spock narrates events that he cannot know about.
Respect to you if you want to dissect the game in such detail as your thread , but even though im a trek fan , im not going (and i can see your point) to strain my brain on an issue that doesnt really detract from the enjoyment of the game.

Its a bit like the old which came first, the chicken or the egg hahahaha, good to ponder on for a while, but think over for too long and one massive headache
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
01-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Spock narrates the events that follow AFTER he goes back through time and establishes the alternative timeline. How can he know these things happen? It doesn't make sense.

We can't say that alternative timeline Spock returns to the future either, because he would be going to the future of the alternative timeline, as established by Back to the Future (well except for the Biff part).

I can't wrap my brain around how Spock narrates events that he cannot know about.
Not if he goes back in time before the alternate timeline deviated from the correct timeline. Why else would the original timeline continue unless he corrected the timeline.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
01-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Think of him telling a story after he died. It's a look back from a ghost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
So, we're assuming a series of non-Trek movies is Canon in Star Trek, but 8 episodes of three different Star Trek series covering the Mirror Universe aren't?

The Mirror Universe is an alternate timeline, just like the JJverse. People travel back and forth. That could happen with the JJverse too.
The mirror universe is an parallel dimension, not an alternate timeline. There is a distinct difference. Otherwise in Mirror, Mirror, Kirk, McCoy, Scotty and Uhura wouldn't have changed places with their counterparts because it would have been a different time. Kirk even says that it is a parallel universe. They never mention it being an alternate timeline.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Jeesh... They just used a little artistic license for the sake of storytelling. Haven't any of you seen one of those movies where the dead person narrates what happened? It's a little cheezy, but a small price to pay to get Leonard Nimoy's voice in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:04 PM.