Lt. Commander
We all knew this was coming. No plan survives contact with the enemy, but if the servers can't keep it together after a three day break I think it could be worse than we thought. You don't even have a full load yet.

Cryptic, get your act together because plenty of people like me have not made up there mind as to whether they are going to pay to play this game in the state it's in currently.

There's nothing new or revolutionary in the game to give it a good hook. SWG and Eve players have seen it all before. You had better be stable as a rock shortly or I'm not giving you my money. Beta is over. Your customers are going to expect more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
You had better be stable as a rock shortly or I'm not giving you my money.
Since this is pre-order, head start, I'd say you already have. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Judging by the OP's post, he obviously hasn't partaken in many MMO early access / launch periods. Otherwise, he wouldn't be surpised by the server issues. Expect more server issues for the next few weeks while they tweak things.

And no, not everything can be sorted during a beta period. For one thing there is a difference in population levels and activities.

By the way, not even the devs can guarantee 24/7 server access without interruption. Read the EULA if you don't believe me. "Since when does anyone read a EULA?" aint a valid excuse for writing posts complaining about server downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Since this is pre-order, head start, I'd say you already have. :p
Oh look. A Troll. How original...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
If your account is open to play now you can't get refunds from where you bought it...
so you already "made your mind up" sit back and relax...
its gonna be like this for a month atleast if judgeing by other mmorpg's...
this is why the people that has done this 10 times before tend to wait or they dont post a complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
We all knew this was coming.
What? That some people who have no place on a MMO because they expect "finished" products would moan again at the slightest reason?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Judging by this post, you obviously haven't partaken in many early access / launch periods. Expect server issues for the next few weeks while they tweak things.

And no, not everything can be sorted during a beta period. For one thing there is a difference in population levels and activities.
Dude I'm pretty much fed up with that statement of us having to understand this product is new. We don't have to do anything but let Cryptic know that they better get it together or feel our wrath. I'm not as forgiving as you. They went live with this, so the gloves come off now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Not a single MMO has released without bugs. Not a single MMO has fixed all its bugs, even years after release. The majority of MMOs have issues with lag and server crashes at launch.

There has been far worse than this, even amongst the other mainstream ones.

If you think come 2nd February is going to be paid beta, then you must think the same way about all MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Well when u preorder at gamestop u only have to pay 5$ to get a preorder and headstart key.And when the game comes in u pay the remaining balance.So most people who bought from gamestop cant back out and only be out 5 dollars.And might be the case for me and many others.I like the game ok..and it is getting better.They should have taken a few more months to get this worked out.I know atari had to get it out before the tax time ends im guessing..Bum deal.Money talks ******** walks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
What? That some people who have no place on a MMO because they expect "finished" products would moan again at the slightest reason?
Finished is the wrong turn of phrase to use when talking about MMO's. You cannot "finish" a perpetual service which is being provided online by Cryptic. You cannot have a "finished" product in terms of a perpetual service.
Plus the word has nothing to do with server downtime.