Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Judging by the OP's post, he obviously hasn't partaken in many MMO early access / launch periods. Otherwise, he wouldn't be surpised by the server issues. Expect more server issues for the next few weeks while they tweak things.

And no, not everything can be sorted during a beta period. For one thing there is a difference in population levels and activities.

By the way, not even the devs can guarantee 24/7 server access without interruption. Read the EULA if you don't believe me. "Since when does anyone read a EULA?" aint a valid excuse for writing posts complaining about server downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
We Borg have a Chant that you should try.

$HIT HAPPENS, GET OVER IT AND PLAY! CRASHES HAPPEN, PHONE SERVICE GOES DOWN, THE INTERNET GOES DOWN IF YOU HAVE A SUCKY OR A GREAT ISP GET OVER IT $HIT HAPPENS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Then you must be "special" as you were not charged extra to be in the preplay...

I, for one, wasn't charged extra for headstart. My $5 pre-order also took $5 off of the price of my game. Should be what happened for you--might want to talk to your local / digital retailer about that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
The server went down in an MMO??

Dear God we must alert the church elder's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you complain about the server going down I think you will be making quite a few QQ posts in this or any other MMO forum.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
Then you must be "special" as you were not charged extra to be in the preplay...
Apparently so, because no I wasnt. I paid $5 at gamestop, and got in the Beta and the headstart
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
I am stuck, like my entire fleet is stuck, at the retrieving character screen. So all you fanboi's what do you say now? Devs don't even post, you said you were getting more servers, updating equipment, optimizing, etc... Bottom line is simple: I PAID, I CANNOT play...
I tell ya what...YOU sit down and code an absolutely flawless game..purchase absolutely perfect hardware to run it...convince all the ISP's in the world to provide exclusive bandwidth to your game.
CHILL OUT
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Well..My world isn't gonna end (like some others apparently is, judging by their freak-out tone)...

But, this is now production, even if it's not general production... No denying that...

This has happened to more games than I can count...

However there is something to be said for learning from history's mistakes...

Infrastructural issues should have been solved way before even open beta...It's step *one* on the chart of any IT group post 2000...

I now officially announce Twitter to be more stable than STO...=P
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Judging by the OP's post, he obviously hasn't partaken in many MMO early access / launch periods. Otherwise, he wouldn't be surpised by the server issues. Expect more server issues for the next few weeks while they tweak things.

And no, not everything can be sorted during a beta period. For one thing there is a difference in population levels and activities.

By the way, not even the devs can guarantee 24/7 server access without interruption. Read the EULA if you don't believe me. "Since when does anyone read a EULA?" aint a valid excuse for writing posts complaining about server downtime.
So you are happily paying them for not being able to play? Tool.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliel View Post
So you are happily paying them for not being able to play? Tool.
I would strongly suggest you read the EULA that you agreed to before using insults on people.

Just because someone THOUGHT that a service was different than what is being provided, doesn't make the provider (or those who agreed with the terms) wrong.

I challenge you to find an MMO that never had issues with their servers at launch and has never had ANY downtime due to server problems. I also challenge you to find a EULA where the provider didn't say that they cannot guarantee an uninterrupted service.

So in answer to your question, yes I am content even though the servers are going down. Why?
Because, I have been in a few MMO launches and thus I expected this. Unlike some people who obviously are happy to pay for things without understanding fully what it is that they are buying.

Anyone whos been in previous MMO launches will tell you that this is quite common. And those people aren't the ones scream doom about server downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post

O.K. child, let us play your game... Let us assume that I am 12 years old and NEVER played an online game before in my life... Now explain to me child, what this has to do with not being able to play the game?

Now child, do you understand that they have 3 other MMO's? Did they not have these problems with them as well? Did they not learn these things from their other MMO's?

Also child, server outages are normally covered in the TOS not the EULA...