Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Man o man the 40 kills per ground zone is horrible! Was in one last night where about half way thru I was tempted to just commit suicide just to get out it seemed to drag on for so long. Starting to find myself not even wanting to que for ground zones anymore. 15 was indeed too short, 25 seems to be about right. If they don't want to go with that then I'd be all for them reducing the xp gained for completion. I do NOT want to continue this 40 kill B.S. anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
The only posts regarding PvP that I saw in early OB were about how we needed more kills because the matches were too short. And now everyone is complaining that more kills makes it too long.

Everyone wants something different, at least they're trying.

To all of you who posted in here offering suggestions and being understanding, kudos.

To kovah, you're an idiot. You made 8 ranks today in a 50 rank game, if that's too slow you're obviously not going to be a "long term player" so I doubt anyone values your opinion. Especially when you post with ****ing this and "FAIL!!!" that. Take your forum-gangsta act somewhere else until you can act like an adult.

[color="Orange"]I really need to stop reading the forums, they just make me see the worst in society.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Quick explanation: Feds were unhappy that pvp level'd so fast. Devs nerfed pvp rewards, and made ground obscenely slow.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I think we should be able to instant lvl to 45 so then we can come here and complain about how there is nothing to do instead of how long its taking us to lvl and then complain about it.

edited cause female dog is apparently a no go
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
I think we should be able to instant lvl to 45 so then we can come here and complain about how there is nothing to do instead of how long its taking us to lvl and then complain about it.

edited cause female dog is apparently a no go
The reality is there is nothing for us to do, except Grind Kahless (or the other Nebulas) or PvP and now they made the PvP maps a grind fest for ground. If you bothered to read what people are writing it is not that we are leveling too slowly, but that the ground maps become horribly repetitive for 40 on 5 vs. 5 player teams. They can set it back to 15 and reduce the xp, they can set it to 25 and leave the xp where it is or they can increase the xp for the 40 man maps, but until they do one of these changes most people are going to avoid ground PvP and specifically "Assimilated Cruisers" because the map is so big and 5 vs. 5 is too small for that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Yea the PvP map kills need to be lowered. 40 is way too many. In CB the number was too low now it's way too high. 20-25 seems about right. As mentioned in the above post don't need to make the PvP maps a grindfest.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorahaden
Thats just a long time, maybe 20 kills 15 was great, even 30 but 40. Really just to long.
Yeah they tripled the amount of kills needed and halved the xp we get... Its annoying. Something like 25 would be good. 40 is way too much, it drags on really bad and the xp you get for the grind isn't worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, yes, the kill limit was raised 2.5x and the XP per match was redcuded to 25%-45% of what it was. But they also reduced the number of wins needed to complete the Hostile Engagement quest by 2, down to 3. Which has to be taken in account as well.

I'm sure their are some people that don't understand why ANY kill limit matters since were just going to queue up again for another ground game right afterwards, The problem I feel is when your team starts getting steam rolled, back in the 15 kill limit days, the matches were over soon and you could start a new game where you felt you had a chance. Now, like many have pointed out, once you get down by 10-15 kills, most people give up/lose interest and just want it to be over. This is mostly to blame on the wonky queuing and spawning systems.

Also, team deathmatch, is a very old and played out concept. New types of ground battle should be added. Many of which have been brought up before:

Capture the Flag (obvious)
Capture and Hold / Domination (Fight to hold locations through the ship)
King of the Hill (King of the Bridge )
Search and Destory / Infiltration (Destroy / Defend keys parts of the ship)

Just to name a few....
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
40 Kills is so annoying. At 15 I could get through the match without being killed once, now its almost impssible unless the Feds are complately useless or out numbered 5 - 2.

When 2 teams who know what they are doing are up against each other its the better part of an hour and by the end I am just happy its over.

To add to what others have said Death match is pointless and even the quake style team death matches usually have enough sence to spawn all of one team together, not in the middle of the battlefield and in a room that the other team can not camp. (well thats not entierly true I once got a HW guy in half-life team fortress into the other teams spawn room, oh what a gank fest that turned into) . Couldn't we add a room, a transporter pad and rather than just have us respawn any where have us reappear on a transporter pad with a doctor?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah I won't play ground PVP anymore because its just takes way to long for such a meager reward.