Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
What.. nobody's gonna say "Cool story, bro"?

Fine. I will.

Cool story, bro.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Come on people, griping about the game being down. Well the game hasn't released yet, so you have nothing to complain about, any play time you get now is just because Cryptic loves us. Now after the game launches on the 2nd... then.... then you can complain about it being down
You go right ahead and and explain to all the people who paid for lifetime sub just to wait for a login server to be up how it's NOT live yet? lol. Feb 2nd is the street date. The game OFFICIALLY started on Friday.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Like the other guy pointed out, this is a scheduled matainance.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
well its to be expected that the server has gone down. Im seeing this early headstart as more of a Live Beta. sure everything is in place but we are now testing the live service,
cryptic have 4 days to get everything sorted for the official release day otherwise its all gonna go t1ts up on launch day

Working in the IT industry myself I know how easy it is to bring a server down and how difficult it is to keep one going constantly.

so here is my advice TREAT THIS HEADSTART AS A LIVE TEST OF THE SERVERS, thanks to overloading the servers now, it should be alot more stable come Tuesday.

It would be nice for cryptic to compensate those who did pre purchase STO so that they could play in the unstable headstart. but im not expecting anything.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynen_Starfyre
You go right ahead and and explain to all the people who paid for lifetime sub just to wait for a login server to be up how it's NOT live yet? lol. Feb 2nd is the street date. The game OFFICIALLY started on Friday.
RIght....cause those of us who paid for a lifetime subscription automatically got enrolled in the "no downtime ever" program at Cryptic.

Idiots.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavoratu View Post
Scheduled Maintenance (January 30, 2010)
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, January 30th from 3:00AM PST to 5:00AM PST in order to perform maintenance, and apply a patch to further optimize server performance. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,

The Star Trek Online Team

uh...

sorry. your an idiot.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
So I'm supposed to be mad that they told us yesterday they'd bring the servers down for scheduled maintenance to fix some bugs on the second day of headstart? That's what I call good service. Sure I can't play for a little bit, but I need to clean anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidError

uh...

sorry. your an idiot.
nope look in the mirror, your the idiot.
Lt. Commander
# 19 This is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Come on people, griping about the game being down. Well the game hasn't released yet, so you have nothing to complain about, any play time you get now is just because Cryptic loves us. Now after the game launches on the 2nd... then.... then you can complain about it being down
The game HAS released. We are playing it now. We are paying customers. We paid to have the right to start a few days early.

This sort of answer is not even a valid argument, much less an intelligent one.
Lt. Commander
# 20
sheeesh...

come on yall.. I'm disappointed its down too, but 'stuff' happens ya know?

Still not as bad as some first few days playing after 'release/headstart' as some other MMORPGs I've played.

I remember testing out WoW and sitting in a log in queue for 30 minutes.... after playing for 10 minutes, it crashed... and I had to wait another 20 minutes in a log in queue just to get back in...
Closed Thread