# 21
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Craptic fails yet f ucking again. This will only color reviews badly of STO
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynen_Starfyre
You go right ahead and and explain to all the people who paid for lifetime sub just to wait for a login server to be up how it's NOT live yet? lol. Feb 2nd is the street date. The game OFFICIALLY started on Friday.
It's open beta dude. The game OFFICIALLY launches at 2nd feb. Just be glad you have the change to fool around a bit now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
sheeesh...

come on yall.. I'm disappointed its down too, but 'stuff' happens ya know?

Still not as bad as some first few days playing after 'release/headstart' as some other MMORPGs I've played.

I remember testing out WoW and sitting in a log in queue for 30 minutes.... after playing for 10 minutes, it crashed... and I had to wait another 20 minutes in a log in queue just to get back in...
I remember those days, gladly Blizz fixed all those problems and so will cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 12:26 PM
anyone got a clock?

scheduled down time from 3am to 5am... on the 30th.. was a LONG time ago since its like 12:30pm there now.

this was NOT scheduled down time
Lt. Commander
# 25
Some people here are obviously not old enough to remember the WoW launch.

It will get better, it just takes a little patience. The only reason to even consider playing a new MMO in its first 2 months of release anyway is to ensure that you're not left completely in the dust by the hardcore raiding guilds. Since that isn't much of a problem in this game, you're probably better off waiting quietly until they get everything stabilized if you're still interested in playing but can't handle the server instability.

If you're not interested in playing, then wtf are you doing on these boards?
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
I was waitin for it! Ok all you FAN boys! Where's your IT'S JUST BETA, now.
Lets the good times roll.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89566

Scheduled downtime, don't you feel foolish now
Lt. Commander
# 27
Looks like the troll has a red face now. Guess they forgot to read the server matainance post, and decided to do a bit of trolling on the forum.

I usuaylly hate the term /fail. But in this case, its is entirely appropriate.

D- better luck next time.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeandrac View Post
It's open beta dude. The game OFFICIALLY launches at 2nd feb. Just be glad you have the change to fool around a bit now.
its not open beta, its launch for people who pre-ordered. Right now this game is running on time that the players paid for, therefore it is a launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old.Tallen View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89566

Scheduled downtime, don't you feel foolish now
Oh, now its considered scheduled downtime eh? When they schedule it, 5 mins after the crash?

It was not scheduled when the servers went down. There we no warnings at all, I hardly called that scheduled.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
I was waitin for it! Ok all you FAN boys! Where's your IT'S JUST BETA, now.
Lets the good times roll.
Anyone who doesn't expect the server to go offline for maintenance at unexpected times in the next few weeks has rocks in their head. Every MMO goes through this when they launch.

The OP included. You're glaoting about maintenance as if its some kind of validation for your opinion. But if you think the game is bad or not worth the effort of waiting for the maintenance, why are you playing? Pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Uh...scheduled maintenance was 3AM to 5AM PST.....read the bloody post. This is not scheduled maintenance.

Oh...and this is Live. Head Start is 4 days of Live Play prior to the addition of all of those who chose not to Pre-Order. You keep you characters, ships and gear on the 2nd.....

The last days of OB we were seeing up to 9 hours of down time a 24 hour period. That last big "Open Beta" weekend that was extended 24 hours had in excess of 24 hours of down time.
Closed Thread