Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello,

3 days to go to official release date and the game has lots of bugs even in the first missions (Kinjer for example needed to be done several times to finally get credit for on my side).

I strongly suggest that we either won't be charged for the game until it really works or the beta period will be extended.

Right now, Servers are down (again) and I'm stuck on the "Connecting to Logon Server", waiting for what seems an endless time.

As from my perspective this ain't no RC yet. Even the forums are creepy slow and I wonder, if - when I press submit - it will not timeout...

Extend the beta for gods sake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Just curious.... which MMO's flawless release would you have them mimic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
Hello,

3 days to go to official release date and the game has lots of bugs even in the first missions (Kinjer for example needed to be done several times to finally get credit for on my side).

I strongly suggest that we either won't be charged for the game until it really works or the beta period will be extended.

Right now, Servers are down (again) and I'm stuck on the "Connecting to Logon Server", waiting for what seems an endless time.

As from my perspective this ain't no RC yet. Even the forums are creepy slow and I wonder, if - when I press submit - it will not timeout...

Extend the beta for gods sake.


Sir, You are just a moron with a crappy computer. the first missions work fine and i did them all as did everyone just fine. What is the problem is your windows 2000 pentium 3 chip trying to run a mmo and what you are experiencing is called LAG.

I strongly suggest that you do not pay for the game so that we do not have to deal with you in our community

Right now the servers are down for unscheduled maintanence. You keep on trying to connect and looking at the message "Connecting to Login Server" for what you call a endless time means that you have no life and really just a moron cause you actualy sitting there hitting reconect when the client and the web site both say the server is down. You hitting connect wont make it go back up.

And going back to slowness on forums.... its your computer. My forums run just fine and load instantly.

Use some money or go ask mommy and daddy for some and go buy youself a decent gaming computer not from best buy or staples.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
He didn't use the word flawless, did he?

Like I said in beta, the game is not ready for a release and now everyone is seeing why.

The hardware is not sufficient for players to even logon and play, not to mention the software is buggy and a lot of the game mechanics do not work.

I want to see the game succeed. It just needs more work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Don't know if that really is the point.

Not talking about a "flawless" start of it. But I expect at least to be able to log on!
Its just headstart at this time. What do you think will happen, if the regular players on Feb 2nd join the team?

They won't I guess. Because they are unable to even enter their Keys of the Retail... think about that.

All I'm saying - and I'm sure not the only one - is, that this is not even close to RC.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAfraid
Sir, You are just a moron with a crappy computer. the first missions work fine and i did them all as did everyone just fine. What is the problem is your windows 2000 pentium 3 chip trying to run a mmo and what you are experiencing is called LAG.

I strongly suggest that you do not pay for the game so that we do not have to deal with you in our community

Right now the servers are down for unscheduled maintanence. You keep on trying to connect and looking at the message "Connecting to Login Server" for what you call a endless time means that you have no life and really just a moron cause you actualy sitting there hitting reconect when the client and the web site both say the server is down. You hitting connect wont make it go back up.

And going back to slowness on forums.... its your computer. My forums run just fine and load instantly.

Use some money or go ask mommy and daddy for some and go buy youself a decent gaming computer not from best buy or staples.
Thats what i like, a sucker who tells me, that my puter is not good enuff. I bet it is. I run on full detail, max resultion and everything to high. when server is up, the gameflow is just fine.

So get out of my legs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
A MMO is a very complicated and big thing, it deserves patience, and if you ask me its going very well actually when comparing to other MMO's in the past or present.

Usually its make or break with MMO's/games. This depends on many things, including constant development, market value, and offcourse gameplay. I see a game that is built by veterans, and something that has been built on proven technological ideas.

Im also thinking about how there was an unexpected large amount of players playing the Beta and buying the pre-order version. Cryptic actually had to muscle in some extra servers as i recall to deal with the xtra load.
I will understand and have patience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
Don't know if that really is the point.

Not talking about a "flawless" start of it. But I expect at least to be able to log on!
Its just headstart at this time. What do you think will happen, if the regular players on Feb 2nd join the team?

They won't I guess. Because they are unable to even enter their Keys of the Retail... think about that.

All I'm saying - and I'm sure not the only one - is, that this is not even close to RC.
Havent played many launches have ya? So far this has been a better than average launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grraver
A MMO is a very complicated and big thing, it deserves patience, and if you ask me its going very well actually when comparing to other MMO's in the past wich had less succesfull releases.

Usually its make or break with MMO's/games. This depends on many things, including constant development, market value, and offcourse gameplay. I see a game that is built by veterans, and something that has been built on proven technological ideas.

Im also thinking about how there was an unexpected large amount of players playing the Beta and buying the pre-order version. Cryptic actually had to muscle in some extra servers as i recall to deal with the xtra load.
I will understand and have patience.
That's right and I agree. Patience is not the problem. I have plenty. Just don't think the game is ready for release yet. And if you track the board, you'll know why.

But some people obviously have to get personal instead of replying/discussing in a civilized manner.... thats just what StarTrek IS NOT all about....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone still remembers World of Warcrafts release and first few months? Not flawless either, tbh: far from it. Compared to that this release isn't doing too bad.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 AM.