ltb server capacity pst :|
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
This game is gona get TRASHED by the reviewers
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Low expectations shouldn't lead to complacency. Consumers being unhappy with the service/product have a right to complain however they deem fit, just because similar products have had similar problems doesn't mean we should let it slide.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Judging by the OP's post, he obviously hasn't partaken in many MMO early access / launch periods. Otherwise, he wouldn't be surpised by the server issues. Expect more server issues for the next few weeks while they tweak things.

And no, not everything can be sorted during a beta period. For one thing there is a difference in population levels and activities.

By the way, not even the devs can guarantee 24/7 server access without interruption. Read the EULA if you don't believe me. "Since when does anyone read a EULA?" aint a valid excuse for writing posts complaining about server downtime.
I've beta tested and played plenty, and this game is no where near state of the art and the servers are barely loaded compared to what they could have in a couple of days. MMO's aren't something new and this is Cryptic's third MMO and their second using the very same engine as CO, so my expectations are sky high for these guys. To paraphrase Homer Simpson, this game isn't popular enough to be bad.

If they fix whatever it is that is wrong with the servers in short order, then no harm no foul. Even WoW had some hiccups after launch. I don't know about you, but I'm very, very tired of paying money for substandard work and service.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Its time to switch to Flash Trek v2.0!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibara View Post
Dude I'm pretty much fed up with that statement of us having to understand this product is new. We don't have to do anything but let Cryptic know that they better get it together or feel our wrath. I'm not as forgiving as you. They went live with this, so the gloves come off now.
Amen brother! That's exactly why I posted. Yes, I pre-ordered, but I pre-ordered to see if this game was worth paying for beyond the free month that comes with the game. So far, it's not. I played Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, SWG and WoW pretty much to the edge of divorce. This unfinished product isn't going to get that much tolerance or patience from me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
Amen brother! That's exactly why I posted. Yes, I pre-ordered, but I pre-ordered to see if this game was worth paying for beyond the free month that comes with the game. So far, it's not. I played Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, SWG and WoW pretty much to the edge of divorce. This unfinished product isn't going to get that much tolerance or patience from me.
Indeed. Sure there have been other games in the past where the launch was no where near perfect...But we shouldn't accept that as paying customers. We should instead demand quality.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
Oh yeah, and we all know how rock stable those games were at launch... give me a break...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I've been watching very closely, myself. So far, Cryptic has delivered everything it promised. No, I don't agree with everything they have delivered. However, they have not actually lied.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
All MMO's are like this at launch. WoW had to end up putting ques on the servers to handle it and it would take 45 minutes to log it. After 5 years, WoW's servers still run like trash on the day of a major patch. Star Wars Galaxies at launch had a fatal database error and it took all servers offline on release day for the entire day.