Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
Apparently so, because no I wasnt. I paid $5 at gamestop, and got in the Beta and the headstart
Yes child you did pay $5 or you would not be in the preplay... So you DID pay extra before actually playing retail. Also it was silly to pay to get into beta most got in free.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
O.K. child, let us play your game... Let us assume that I am 12 years old and NEVER played an online game before in my life... Now explain to me child, what this has to do with not being able to play the game?

Now child, do you understand that they have 3 other MMO's? Did they not have these problems with them as well? Did they not learn these things from their other MMO's?

Also child, server outages are normally covered in the TOS not the EULA...
Lol. Another one who prefers to throw insults. How old are you? Do yourself a favour, acting in such an immature way is not helping your argument.

Have you read the EULA?
Do you click "I agree" without fully understanding the agreements that you are agreeing to?
Do you normally sign contracts without reading them first?

There will be a line in there that says that the provider of the service (Cryptic) cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the service. If not, then Cryptic are the first MMO providers in history not to do it and should be prepared for many lawsuits.

By the way, it doesn't matter if you are a company who's built just one product, or many. ALL introductions of products have teething issues. That's life, get used to it. Ask Bill Gates.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
The OP has ranted a bit much but I am kind of with him. Now I did not play OB I left it for the head start so it all had the new feel to it. I tried to log on Friday and the server was down a little annoying, but I thought Saturday is all good as my wife is going out. But the server is down for an unplanned maintenace......now I feel a bit ****ed, left with just watching crappy free view on TV.

After reading most of the other posts "it is an MMO this happens get over it", I don't get much time to play. So when I have now payed for the head start I feel a little ripped off as the next time I can play is Monday evening. I may well be in the minority but before people shout there mouths off say get over it, there are those who have had there gaming time slashed to nothing........

Mistriff
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistriff View Post
The OP has ranted a bit much but I am kind of with him. Now I did not play OB I left it for the head start so it all had the new feel to it. I tried to log on Friday and the server was down a little annoying, but I thought Saturday is all good as my wife is going out. But the server is down for an unplanned maintenace......now I feel a bit ****ed, left with just watching crappy free view on TV.

After reading most of the other posts "it is an MMO this happens get over it", I don't get much time to play. So when I have now payed for the head start I feel a little ripped off as the next time I can play is Monday evening. I may well be in the minority but before people shout there mouths off say get over it, there are those who have had there gaming time slashed to nothing........

Mistriff
It sucks for the servers to go down, that is true. But posting a rant on the forums about something (which incidentally I dont think YOUR post is), does not help matters. Keeping a cool head is usually the best way to deal with issues.

The servers will be back soon enough. These are teething problems. All product launches have these. MMO's are no different to any other product in that respect.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
....All product launches have these. MMO's are no different to any other product in that respect.
Name some. Go on. Name a product that doesn't work at launch.

Cars, toasters, books, films, monitors, keyboards, glasses? Umm...no.

Maybe if you can't make a toaster that works, you shouldn't claim to be able to.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
I would strongly suggest you read the EULA that you agreed to before using insults on people.

Just because someone THOUGHT that a service was different than what is being provided, doesn't make the provider (or those who agreed with the terms) wrong.

I challenge you to find an MMO that never had issues with their servers at launch and has never had ANY downtime due to server problems. I also challenge you to find a EULA where the provider didn't say that they cannot guarantee an uninterrupted service.

So in answer to your question, yes I am content even though the servers are going down. Why?
Because, I have been in a few MMO launches and thus I expected this. Unlike some people who obviously are happy to pay for things without understanding fully what it is that they are buying.

Anyone whos been in previous MMO launches will tell you that this is quite common. And those people aren't the ones scream doom about server downtime.
You missed the point...

1. They have other MMO's...
2. The servers were already down earlier today...
3. They "said" they were getting more servers...
4. I could continue...

The point is that these problems were SUPPOSED to be fixed in CB/OB, not in retail. While you may accept this getting rammed down your throat,(It has happened in the past, so it is ok for it to happen now) I do not.

P.S. And I never played an MMO before, then I guess my account here must be fake:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ar/account.jpg

And the 1.2 million views and 1500+ replies to the thread on the WOW forums is also fake... Yes child I am a total noob to MMO's, although I was paid to play them for years...

P.P.S. I also still have the WOW account child, if you can get enough money from mommy mabye I would sell? It was the first account to cap all classes in WOW on a PvP server including a Pally on another server. I have been offered quite a bit for it child, but I have been saving it all these years just for you...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
Then you must be "special" as you were not charged extra to be in the preplay...
I did not pay extra to play in head start. Besides, servers go down for daily fixes and since this is the first weekend of pre-launch, I would not be shocked if the server has thrown Cryptic a few curve balls.

I don't know about any of the trolls here, but I knew I was not buying a perfect MMO. Give it a rest already, if you dislike the game that much, just leave....silently, but just leave.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
...if you dislike the game that much, just leave....silently, but just leave.
When are you going to get it?

We DO like the game, that is what we're complaining about.

We like the GAME, not the logon screen...
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
When are you going to get it?

We DO like the game, that is what we're complaining about.

We like the GAME, not the logon screen...
Finally, someone that has a brain...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
I paid $0.99 to be here for Open Beta and Head Start. That's it. I'm pretty certain I've gotten more than my money's worth.