Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Ensign
# 21
03-30-2014, 11:43 PM
I started last weekend to use the very usefull trekker but maybe I'm blind but for my KDF char I can't find the "Biogenic Weaponization" Chains.

Completed are :
Omega IV Virus
Correllium Fever

Anaprolean Fever is on Step 2 from 2

I've search on both "Doc's" the Trekker und the Jobs Viewscreen, I'll find the the Investigtions but not the Weaponization.

Are these new or missed I them.

Thanks for sharing some light
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
04-03-2014, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilgar40 View Post
I started last weekend to use the very usefull trekker but maybe I'm blind but for my KDF char I can't find the "Biogenic Weaponization" Chains.

Completed are :
Omega IV Virus
Correllium Fever

Anaprolean Fever is on Step 2 from 2

I've search on both "Doc's" the Trekker und the Jobs Viewscreen, I'll find the the Investigtions but not the Weaponization.

Are these new or missed I them.

Thanks for sharing some light
They're not listed - they were bugged for so long (step 2 never showed up) and I believe they're all personal. To my knowledge they've never been added.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 23 Missing or erroneous jobs?
07-05-2014, 03:57 PM
There are few missing jobs, or the timers are off.

I just got the Trill Cultural Exchange in BU, which has a 2d runtime, with an unknown cooldown. However, the generic "cultural exchange" dropdown is a 20h job. The same for Saurian Cultural Exchange in AC, too.

Thanks for a great piece of work, I can't even imagine the time it took to figure all this stuff out.
Career Officer
Hello Zerobang,

As you may or may not know, with Season 9.5 that came out yesterday, some major changes occured with the doff missions. Mainly, with the withdrawal of the exploration clusters, the Colonization chains are now available through an interract button in sector...but more importantly, the reset of the support missions now occur every 20 hours (with the DH reset) instead of every 4 hours. Unfortunately, the sheet wipes the information every 4 hours, so an editor must copy/paste the information after each reset.

Can you do something about it on the dofftrekker sheet ?

Thanks a lot

@Schizojr
Career Officer
# 25
07-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexed View Post

I just got the Trill Cultural Exchange in BU, which has a 2d runtime, with an unknown cooldown. However, the generic "cultural exchange" dropdown is a 20h job. The same for Saurian Cultural Exchange in AC, too.

Thanks for a great piece of work, I can't even imagine the time it took to figure all this stuff out.
i think you are confusing something...
Cultural Exchanges are the assignments on Starfleet Academy where you have to talk to those NPCs.

In space there are only Asylums, the Asylums are on the left side of the Dofftrekker, not in the custom dorpdown section.

I don't see a 2 day runtime for either of those on my end...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizojr View Post
Hello Zerobang,

As you may or may not know, with Season 9.5 that came out yesterday, some major changes occured with the doff missions. Mainly, with the withdrawal of the exploration clusters, the Colonization chains are now available through an interract button in sector...but more importantly, the reset of the support missions now occur every 20 hours (with the DH reset) instead of every 4 hours. Unfortunately, the sheet wipes the information every 4 hours, so an editor must copy/paste the information after each reset.

Can you do something about it on the dofftrekker sheet ?

Thanks a lot

@Schizojr

I'm aware of the situation by now, thx for pointing it out.

I've disabled the reset of the Colonial Chain completely for now, so now the Editors have to clear it manually at DH Reset. ...for the moment anyway.

I contacted @Deltabrainwave, he made the Clear script, hope he is still around.

I also tried to get an answer out of Geko about this on the STOked Radio Interview yesterday, he basically said the update should NOT have changed anything with the missions, they only moved the Exploration Sectors into Sector Space and if something changed with "a mission" its a BUG...
i don't think he even realized that i was talking about ALL Exploration Sector Missions.

I'm not sure he fully understood the question, they were going on pretty hectic about another topic at the time... he pretty much shrugged it off and didn't even seem aware of anything having changed with the timers.

so you guys make sure you bomb Geko's and Thomas the Cat's Twitter accounts about this bug to make them aware.
I doubt they even read this sub forum enough to notice this change / bug / problem.

Geko even openly disregarded all of the Feedback on the DOff sub forum as being "not specific enough" and that he basically just sees a lot of general whining about buttons being "too big" but can't understand what people actually don't like about the new DOff UI as far as functionality goes.

So make sure that your feedback here is more specific about what functions are missing / lacking. etc.

They went a bit into detail on the Stream, but Mav (the host) isn't a Hardcore DOffer either, so obviously that pretty much amounted to nothing but agreeing that it is now better.
(i personally have no opinion on it, i didn't play in a year or so, i maybe will come back with Expansion 2... for a while... i'm kinda done with the whole Grind game approach STO has these days, if they have actual content to play, fine but those Adventure Zones are not for me and thats all they seem to do now...).

Anyway... Geko pretty much said if something changed with the missions it's a BUG.

And i would call this one a pretty HUGE Bug.

Actually this is even a HUGE NERF to the Colonial Chain and DOffing in general, now there is just one chance PER DAY to get a Support mission from one Cluster while before you had about 12 - 16 chances per day (the second chance via Department Heads is gone too, which on its own is a 50% NERF already).

Either they wanted to intentionally nerf the ability to get purple support DOffs so they can sell more LockBoxes or Doff Packs or whatever... (it's not like they never have done things like that before) or it was simply a sloppy Copy&Paste job of Code and nobody noticed or cared for the reset timer and the 2nd DH chance being removed...

In either case, big fat thumbs down from me for this mess.

It is HARDER for their beloved new Players to complete the colonial chains now, and a heavy NERF to the Support DOff farming ability of the hardcore DOffers.

I'm not even playing STO anymore and it pisses me off... i can totally understand if people rage quit over these changes.
Captain
# 26
07-20-2014, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Geko even openly disregarded all of the Feedback on the DOff sub forum as being "not specific enough" and that he basically just sees a lot of general whining about buttons being "too big" but can't understand what people actually don't like about the new DOff UI as far as functionality goes.
There were plenty of people who gave specific feedback, both before and after Season 9.5 went live. Here is my latest feedback:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=178
Captain
# 27
07-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Apparently "The old UI is superior in every possible way, shape, and form" is too complicated for them to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
There were plenty of people who gave specific feedback, both before and after Season 9.5 went live.
Abject failure of UI and UX design.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
07-20-2014, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexed

Quote:
i think you are confusing something...
Cultural Exchanges are the assignments on Starfleet Academy where you have to talk to those NPCs.

In space there are only Asylums, the Asylums are on the left side of the Dofftrekker, not in the custom dorpdown section.

I don't see a 2 day runtime for either of those on my end...?
There are VERY random, personal 'cultural exchange' missions (in space) that require no inputs and run for 2 days. There is no way to know a CD for these, it's not like they appear with any regularity at all. So to OP, if these are the ones you're talking about, just run the missions when they appear. I don't believe there's any way that they're going to appear again in X hours, although I could be wrong.

With that being said - I've never seen a Saurian one, but I don't always go to AC, either. So, as Zero said, you could be confusing Asylums (requires a refugee) with Cultural Exchanges (requires no input, runs for 2 days). Easy to confuse, since the Cultural Exchanges at the academies are named the same but have a different timer and cooldown.
Career Officer
# 29
07-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Quote:

I've disabled the reset of the Colonial Chain completely for now, so now the Editors have to clear it manually at DH Reset. ...for the moment anyway.

I'm not even playing STO anymore and it pisses me off... i can totally understand if people rage quit over these changes.
Thanks for the temporary patch on the dofftrekker.

While Cryptic get two thumbs down for all this mess, you sir get three thumbs up. You following this forum even tho you're not playing the game anymore is called dedication.

@Schizojr
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
07-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Quote:

I also tried to get an answer out of Geko about this on the STOked Radio Interview yesterday, he basically said the update should NOT have changed anything with the missions, they only moved the Exploration Sectors into Sector Space and if something changed with "a mission" its a BUG...
i don't think he even realized that i was talking about ALL Exploration Sector Missions.

I'm not sure he fully understood the question, they were going on pretty hectic about another topic at the time... he pretty much shrugged it off and didn't even seem aware of anything having changed with the timers.

so you guys make sure you bomb Geko's and Thomas the Cat's Twitter accounts about this bug to make them aware.
I doubt they even read this sub forum enough to notice this change / bug / problem.

So make sure that your feedback here is more specific about what functions are missing / lacking. etc.

They went a bit into detail on the Stream, but Mav (the host) isn't a Hardcore DOffer either, so obviously that pretty much amounted to nothing but agreeing that it is now better.
(i personally have no opinion on it, i didn't play in a year or so, i maybe will come back with Expansion 2... for a while... i'm kinda done with the whole Grind game approach STO has these days, if they have actual content to play, fine but those Adventure Zones are not for me and thats all they seem to do now...).

Anyway... Geko pretty much said if something changed with the missions it's a BUG.

And i would call this one a pretty HUGE Bug.

Actually this is even a HUGE NERF to the Colonial Chain and DOffing in general, now there is just one chance PER DAY to get a Support mission from one Cluster while before you had about 12 - 16 chances per day (the second chance via Department Heads is gone too, which on its own is a 50% NERF already).

Either they wanted to intentionally nerf the ability to get purple support DOffs so they can sell more LockBoxes or Doff Packs or whatever... (it's not like they never have done things like that before) or it was simply a sloppy Copy&Paste job of Code and nobody noticed or cared for the reset timer and the 2nd DH chance being removed...

In either case, big fat thumbs down from me for this mess.

It is HARDER for their beloved new Players to complete the colonial chains now, and a heavy NERF to the Support DOff farming ability of the hardcore DOffers.

I look back to all that feedback and work we did when the DOff system first came out, and now it's just so obvious that no one on the dev team even USES the DOff system. I just don't understand how someone even slightly familiar with the system could possibly "not understand" timers and CDs and the colonial chains.

The system is so messed up - and, sorry, I am NOT a whiner. I generally try to work with new stuff, attempt to get used to stuff and not spend time crying about how I want the old system back, etc.

I'm tired of giving specific feedback. There was TONS of specific feedback in the Tribble 'official feedback thread'; there is TONS of specific feedback now that it has rolled out; if all Geko sees is 'general whining about buttons being too big' he doesn't actually read anything. The fact that he has no idea what you were talking about shows how little he understands about the system in the first place.

The most basic functionality has been removed - I have maxed doff slots, about 85% filled with purples on 5 toons, with the rest being commons for starbase projects - and it's a NIGHTMARE to scroll through all of them to slot a simple project. No filters, auto-slotting the supposedly "best" doffs for the mission (which clearly shows an inability to understand their own RNG and crit success optimization), I could go on but it's time to stop before I do an unhelpful rage post.

If for no other reason than to see this abomination, I wish you would log in and look at this mess. Then again - it will probably depress you so much, I wouldn't want to risk losing your support with the DOfftrekker. Just think back to before the doffing was released, then subtract about 80% of the functionality; that's what we've reverted to.

I will take your suggestion, try bombing the twitter accounts, and start filing BUG REPORTS as well. Not that it will do any good, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for your continuing support - especially since you're not playing anymore. Don't blame you a bit, but glad you're still supporting the doffing community.