Lieutenant
# 21
06-21-2014, 02:10 AM
For me it is simple. In crafting I do not want to see 1% chance to get rare item.

I am crafting and not gambling. Plus what should I do with all the stuff I get till I lvl up. All my chars are lvl 50 fleet and reputation gear. What can they offer? Faster way than 10 sec to kill a cube?
I am not crazy about mk 5 uncommons. And people lvl so fast up I can't eaven give it for free.

Nobody wants it.
Career Officer
# 22
07-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Grats, you leveled up using aegis shield bug
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-05-2014, 05:13 PM
omg I've been predicting this doom and gloom since I first saw the system It's took me 3 items and some foresight but thank you for the pictures that prove my point.
THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
Captain
# 24
07-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Honestly, crafting will only be useful to get the few unique items. So get what you want and be done with it.
Captain
# 25
07-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Looks bugged to me. I wonder whats actually happening.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
07-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I don't know that this isn't working as intended. In neverwinter cryptic have enchantment refining with a 1% chance of success, that eats items which cost the dill equivalent. Apparently people try for that 1% chance there.

I wouldn't go near it.
Rihannsu
# 27
07-06-2014, 01:44 AM
They said at rank 20 you eliminate the chance of commons, and massively reduce the chance of uncommon (with catalysts improving chance even more) so this pic is wrong at the moment.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
# 28
07-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
Here's what the Aegis shield looks like at that level.

https://flic.kr/p/o3oebi

It's better, but a 20% chance of green is still not making me happy. I assume those two blank boxes will be filled with something that makes that chance better, but still, that's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG grind to have a 33% chance of getting a purple drop.

FYI, this won't make me quit the game by any means, but it sure doesn't make me have any desire at all to spend my valuable time on this system.
At max level with a purple doff it really should be at least 60% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon.

With catalyst it should be 80% very rare 20% rare...

If you were to add ultra rare on top of that, 55% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon 5% ultra rare.

with catalyst 65% very rare 20% rare 15% ultra rare

Last edited by cryptkeeper0; 07-06-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper0 View Post
At max level with a purple doff it really should be at least 60% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon.

With catalyst it should be 80% very rare 20% rare...

If you were to add ultra rare on top of that, 55% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon 5% ultra rare.

with catalyst 65% very rare 20% uncommon 15% ultra rare
and if I don't wish to trow money at the C-Store and buy catalysts?

you know that's what they are for right? to make cryptic lots of money....
why can't we get a system that just functions on it's own? I realize cryptic needs to make money but this is not the way. It's destroys the very system they try to exploit.

still not convinced read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
Honestly, crafting will only be useful to get the few unique items. So get what you want and be done with it.
as long as there is chance involved cryptic is stetting itself up for crafting 4 and the last 8 month's of abjuratorhawk's work will have been for nothing. I really hope that they fix it and the third time's the charm. both for us players and those working on it now.
THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
Republic Veteran
# 30
07-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbenihime View Post
and if I don't wish to trow money at the C-Store and buy catalysts?

you know that's what they are for right? to make cryptic lots of money....
why can't we get a system that just functions on it's own? I realize cryptic needs to make money but this is not the way. It's destroys the very system they try to exploit.

still not convinced read this:

as long as there is chance involved cryptic is stetting itself up for crafting 4 and the last 8 month's of abjuratorhawk's work will have been for nothing. I really hope that they fix it and the third time's the charm. both for us players and those working on it now.
I know they are, but they should be buy able on exchange for EC. So I'm not as concerned.

I've done plenty of crafting with a certain amount of chances and they all were good systems. But i do agree they need limit the amount of chance.