Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I am real sorry that you are so unhappy. I know they could have done some things a little better but overall I am very happy with this game. If any of you were there for the start of other mmo's you know they can be worse. *** was pretty bad but turned out to be a pretty good game. I think if you give this one a chance you will be happy in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo
Yup, pretty much this. I'd have save the money if I knew more about their lack of finished products. To think I was just upset about skill cap and lack of Klink content. Now to have paid to forum troll? what a joke of a beta that was. Get your crap together Cryptic. Feb. 2nd will be even worse..
I paid for a lifetime sub, headstart just seemed to be a great bonus for it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
so you agree then. Headstart cost people money. paid service. nuff said.

mmmm fanboy juice on my apologist burger with nerd Drink. I'm almost too full. thanx for stoppin by.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo
show me where it says "were providing you headtsart access as a "gift". no? thought so. its used as part of the pre-order package deal. you know, to make sales....
they are called bonuses. and btw, sometimes, in reallife, dont know if you ever heard of it...there are happening unpredictable things.

and...this isnt a beta, this game has far less bugs than most other mmos released at this time, and just fyi, wow release day 1: it wasnt possible to register a account at ~14 o'clock gmt+1. for several hours MANY people couldnt play what they have PAID for. but...it was ok. its a mmo, its a game, it just a junk of software. but some people didnt get that. moaning morons...
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Why are you people complaining. I have played just about every MMO game on the market. They all go through this exact same process. It is the nature of these games so get used to it and quit complaining, it gets old. *****ing about it is not going to make them fix their problems any faster.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
So a car dealership starts advertising "All our cars come with a 6 month warranty" and people buy a bunch of these cars. Four months later, all the cars all start to break down.

As the people go back to the dealership to get their cars repaired under the umbrella of their free warranty, THEN they are told "sorry, we decided not to give you the full length of warranty we agreed to give you at the time of sale. We decided to cut it back. Sorry, you'll have to pay for your repairs."

And if those people were to complain about the blatant false advertising and failure to meet the agreed upon terms of sale, I can just imagine all the people here siding with the car dealership, saying "you should be glad you got any warranty at all." and "well they didn't charge you any extra for your warranty, so it's not like you paid for it."

Might seem like a silly analogy, but sorry, some of you Cryptic diehards are using is equally retarded.

If the side of the box says "free X days of headstart!" then when you buy that box, you sure as heck ARE paying for that headstart as much as anything else. If it is an advertised part of the sale, then it doesn't matter that it doesn't cost extra (which actually, in some cases, it does, depending on who you preorder from), but either way it is a selling point for some people. It's a bundle deal.

The box doesn't say "by purchasing this game, you get to play it at release, and MAYBE we'll let you start early, we'll see how it goes." It specifically advertises access to the headstart as part of the product. When someone buys the product knowing this, it's as much a part of the sale as the game itself.

Now that all said, downtime doesn't bother me, because I expect it, its par for the course with a new MMO and people who are honestly shocked are either naive or faking it, but while I understand and not angered by it, at the same time that doesn't mean that everything's all hunkie-dorie either. Those people who choose to be upset by this have every right to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwookiee View Post
Why are you people complaining. I have played just about every MMO game on the market. They all go through this exact same process. It is the nature of these games so get used to it and quit complaining, it gets old. *****ing about it is not going to make them fix their problems any faster.
Agree completely! Inital releases, major content patches, and expansions can all have unexpected frustrations for everyone! Players and staff. And the bigger an MMO starts out the rougher launch days tend to be. So be prepared in advance for what might happen on Tuesday. (although obviously that is what the headstart is hoping to minimize).
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Hmm... People are saying about a 'free gift' with your purchase, it is still a part of your purchase, whether it's added free or not, and if it is not delivered as advertised, it is breaching the terms of sale, therefore falsly advertised and so is elligable for a full refund on the product if desired.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zallano View Post
So a car dealership starts advertising "All our cars come with a 6 month warranty" and people buy a bunch of these cars. Four months later, all the cars all start to break down.

As the people go back to the dealership to get their cars repaired under the umbrella of their free warranty, THEN they are told "sorry, we decided not to give you the full length of warranty we agreed to give you at the time of sale. We decided to cut it back. Sorry, you'll have to pay for your repairs."

And if those people were to complain about the blatant false advertising and failure to meet the agreed upon terms of sale, I can just imagine all the people here siding with the car dealership, saying "you should be glad you got any warranty at all." and "well they didn't charge you any extra for your warranty, so it's not like you paid for it."

Might seem like a silly analogy, but sorry, some of you Cryptic diehards are using is equally retarded.

If the side of the box says "free X days of headstart!" then when you buy that box, you sure as heck ARE paying for that headstart as much as anything else. If it is an advertised part of the sale, then it doesn't matter that it doesn't cost extra (which actually, in some cases, it does, depending on who you preorder from), but either way it is a selling point for some people. It's a bundle deal.

The box doesn't say "by purchasing this game, you get to play it at release, and MAYBE we'll let you start early, we'll see how it goes." It specifically advertises access to the headstart as part of the product. When someone buys the product knowing this, it's as much a part of the sale as the game itself.

Now that all said, downtime doesn't bother me, because I expect it, its par for the course with a new MMO and people who are honestly shocked are either naive or faking it, but while I understand and not angered by it, at the same time that doesn't mean that everything's all hunkie-dorie either. Those people who choose to be upset by this have every right to do so.
As Spock would say, Not logical.
The issue with the warranty not being honored would be false advertising. If you bought the pre-order with an offer of the free headstart and then they don't let you in, then they have a breach of their advertising agreement! But nowhere did they give you a guarantee that there would be no problems.

I'm sure they take us seriously and understand our frustrations. But we need to understand what we got into also and understand what they are going through this weekend (and I'm guessing all week, lol).
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Also, they knew perfectly well how many pre-orders they had to provide for, as for one, they have the sales figures, and another, how many keys where activated... Also, this isn't their first MMO, is it? They should kinda know by now what they need server wise BEFORE they let people onto the servers, head-start or not.