Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WarriorX
I am shocked that you think you can talk to people like that. The OP has his opinion, you might not agree with it, but he is free to voice it. You might reply that you think you have the right to reply to him in any order of rudeness that you like, and you are correct in that, but I will shame you for it every time.

We as a new MMO Community should summarily reject this blatantly rude kind of treatment of others. Who among us would like to be talked to in this way, I do not think any of us would. Since there are no moderators here, we need to police ourselves. So stop the personal attacks, it shows no class and gets us nowhere.
But its sooo much fun to stir up forums
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zextaven View Post
you know if every damn game that came out pushed back release because people *****ed and said it wasn't ready to be released then you would never be playing any of the mmos out right now.

Seems that no one remember launch of everquest wow warhammer etc.. not one went flawless not one went amazing and honestly this one has been the most stable i can remember.

everyone's so quick to ***** because the games not perfect at launch . go out side get some air see the sun come back and play the game may do you some good.
People don't remember because a decent portion of the MMO playerbase began after WOW was released and haven't played other games. They might have tried them, then whined on some forum about the game not being complete in their opinion, then they went back to something that had been out for years.

The MMO crowd that was drawn in by WOW's success is just looking for instant gratification. That is why you are seeing all the beta is over whining, I can't login whining, and the where is my X whining. They will leave after a few weeks and we will have a better game for it
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Seriously though it is just a game, its not your lively hood, relax and enjoy life and games, if this goes down you've got others I'm sure, so have a good time.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Just curious.... which MMO's flawless release would you have them mimic?
Hell, ****'s release was smooth as butter compared to this! How about more like ****? 4-5 months of beta, with a smooth launch limited only by queues?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
They will leave after a few weeks and we will have a better game for it
I wouldn't count on it

And another thingy: I don't whine about anything, just shared my opinion and made a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
I wouldn't count on it

And another thingy: I don't whine about anything, just shared my opinion and made a suggestion.
Hrm, lets see.

Quote:
3 days to go to official release date and the game has lots of bugs even in the first missions (Kinjer for example needed to be done several times to finally get credit for on my side).
Quote:
I strongly suggest that we either won't be charged for the game until it really works or the beta period will be extended.
Quote:
Right now, Servers are down (again) and I'm stuck on the "Connecting to Logon Server", waiting for what seems an endless time.
Quote:
As from my perspective this ain't no RC yet. Even the forums are creepy slow and I wonder, if - when I press submit - it will not timeout...
Quote:
Extend the beta for gods sake.
You complain about bugs, complain about crashes, want money, and then say that the game needs to be puched back. Maybe i have you pegged wrong or I am bitter about hearing the same type of whines over and over, but it sounds like nothing more than an impatient and upset childish mentality useing the forums to get support from people also upset like yourself.

As for people leaving, there have already been mass cancellations during the beta from people who got upset because they "paid for beta"(mistake 1) and couldn't log in because the server crashed during stress tests(mistake 2). Frankly, these people leaving does nothing but help the game. It weeds out the dregs of the MMO world.

I'll say again, welcome to a launch. There will be many more crashes, and there will be many more bugs. If you do not want a game with crashes and bugs, wait a month after launch to play a MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Hello,

3 days to go to official release date and the game has lots of bugs even in the first missions (Kinjer for example needed to be done several times to finally get credit for on my side).

I strongly suggest that we either won't be charged for the game until it really works or the beta period will be extended.

Right now, Servers are down (again) and I'm stuck on the "Connecting to Logon Server", waiting for what seems an endless time.

As from my perspective this ain't no RC yet. Even the forums are creepy slow and I wonder, if - when I press submit - it will not timeout...

Extend the beta for gods sake.

I take it you never played wow at release. Look at that game now.... yea.

You dropped on your head as a child right? Whether it was accidental or delibrate, i bet it still happened.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

I take it you never played wow at release. Look at that game now.... yea.
Very few people playing MMO's nowadays played WOW at release. Over 50% of the MMO crowd started playing computer games because of WOW. A good portion of the rest stuck with EQ2/****/couple others until WOW got its act together.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I read this in the zone chat and entered that system anyway. Didn't have a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
i keep seeing ppl refering this to Beta, i thought we left Beta and was now on Headstart ?,