Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
When I hear these phrases, 'tanking', 'healer' etc. Why are you desperately trying to apply the mechanics of other games to STO?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
it has nothing to do with other games im asking this cause it is used in Star trek simple as that
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners191 View Post
When I hear these phrases, 'tanking', 'healer' etc. Why are you desperately trying to apply the mechanics of other games to STO?
Tanking is a universal phrase that can apply to any kind of mmo not just fantasy. And Honestly I *could* have used a more trekish feel phrase for healing. But most people understand what I say when I say heal. And frankly that's how the abilities function. They put pretty green numbers above you and HEAL you.

Would you prefer if I called it repairing?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6anubis6 View Post
think you need to learn more about star trek before posting stupid responces nobody cares for
I think you need to learn the definiton of armor tanking, because there is nothing remotely like that in this game, I am aware of what janeway did in Voyager, and repairing your hull in this game is nowhere near as effective as armor tanking in Eve which I am assuming the OP means so think before trying to be a smug smartass.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:32 PM
if you cant contribute to a simpel question in a normal way then please do us a favor and dont reply.
the question is WILL there be something like it in this game, it is a question im asking and last time i checked i can ask questions without having to ask you permission for it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners191 View Post
Watch STO videos posted by devs much? its THEIR WORDS in some of there videos.

Anyway, given how much damage is done from torps and the shield regen model FAR outwieghs hull regen, I doubt armor tanking will be viable.