Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't know if I'd go 10/10 (the liberated borg player race issue should have been avoided) but I agree with the general sentiment. I've played through plenty of releases and this is one of the better one's I've seen. Anyone who has been playing MMO's for a while should know that these things are always buggy and prone to crashes early on. You can beta test all you want, but you simply cannot predict what your release day server load is going to be and will need to adjust once the players start pouring in.

You get the whiner crowd in every game... people who have unrealistic expectations or just like to complain... who will rant and scream at the top of their lungs (my personal favorite is the threatened class action lawsuit) about how horrible the game is and how the dev team has failed.

In the end, people like them will fade away for the most part (and be replaced by the nerf bat brigade unfortunately) and the forums will become a little more bearable. Overall, I can't think of many MMO launches that can really stand up to this one. I think that bodes very well for the future of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Actually, if I'm going to be perfectly and bluntly honest, the ONLY thing I'd nitpick on was the admin spam about the Cstore yesterday. I honestly could of done without the once every 30 seconds for two hours spam, but if thats what it took to get people to see it and stop hammering them, then its fine and forgiven.

however, thats more of a spamming so people see it over all of the other channels and spamming going on with the zone chat and such than anything else, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I played for fourteen hours straight, uninterrupted, and had a blast. I agree with the original post in that, aside from an early account server hiccup and this one, single server crash, it's been a really smooth launch.

I would not go as high as 10/0 personally, but it's a good game that I am having a lot of fun playing. I have seen far, far worse launches than this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
So far, I have had a blast with this game compared to alot of other MMO's I've played...this has been the better of the bunch (IMO) and I am really looking forward to this game just getting better and better every day they work on it
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Gratz to the two people that got ahead of the crowd enough to not be bogged down with instance overloads.