Lt. Commander
# 1 Saving keybinding ?
01-30-2010, 08:47 AM
So far I had to remap my control setup for each character. Maybe there is an ini file out there but so far I didn't find it.

Did you find a way to save youself the pain to remap the keys each time?
Is there a way to save a setup for a whole account or export/import one?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Excellent question!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I would like this. I can't understand why, just because you create a new toon the game thinks you want the default keybinds. Only lame excuse is lazy programming.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Once you have the keys setup up on one of your characters:

- In the chat console type "/bind_save_file SOMENAME_ground" while you are on the ground and "/bind_save_file SOMENAME_space" while you are in space.
- To retrieve/use the binds type "/bind_load_file SOMENAME_ground" or "/bind_load_file SOMENAME_space" in their respective environments.

SO...

While is space you would type "/bind_save_file all_ground" (without the quotes mind you). Then you log into another character you want to associate these binds with and type "/bind_load_file all_ground" and that character will now have all those binds. YAY!

Unlike in beta where the file saved both ground and space states for some unknown reason it now only saves the environment you are in (Ground/Space) at the time of the save file. If you need any help let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
is there a post that details all these /bind commands in detail?
Lt. Commander
# 6 Ouch! Too Harsh
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Lazy? Come on, in any large project there are priorities. Would you rather have a minor annoyance in the game which the player can work around or have a bug removed that crashes the game? Perhaps you would rather wait another few weeks to play?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneTX
Lazy? Come on, in any large project there are priorities. Would you rather have a minor annoyance in the game which the player can work around or have a bug removed that crashes the game?
The game crashes anyway. At least that way, we wouldn't have to remap our keys 12 times.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCeruleanSentinel View Post
"/bind_save_file SOMENAME_ground" ... "/bind_save_file SOMENAME_space" ...
"/bind_load_file SOMENAME_ground" or "/bind_load_file SOMENAME_space"
Many thanks for this lifesaver, I'll test it next time. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodorfo View Post
is there a post that details all these /bind commands in detail?
I salvaged this linky from the archives. It contains a lot of binds from CO, my bet is a lot will be similar in STO.
So... more things to try out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
The command works but the file it generates doesnt get/save/load all the keybinds, many are rebound to the wrong key or simply not there at all. Cryptic don't seem to update this command when they change the underlying keybind commands.

Don't wory, they'll have it fixed just at about the time you have set up all the configs and UI's for each of your characters.