Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Or instead of different servers.... mirrored nodes around the globe with dedicated monitored/managed bandwidth between them. You attached to the closest node and tada... one big happy game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3nT1ger View Post
Damn am I glad that I didn't buy a lifetime subscription. I would really feel ****ed to have paid over 200 bucks for a game that couldn't run at least 24 hours.

The Server problems always occure at the same daytimes. Always when USA and Europe reach a time where both continents can and do play together.

Give us more Servers, Cryptic! I can't remember a day where I didn't see that red light in the upper right corner of the launcher! Wasn't there a thread in which you stated you ordered equipment to upgrade server capacity? That was almost two weeks ago. I guess it didn't work like you expected.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=69603
Want some cheese with that WHINE?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3nT1ger View Post
Ooooh, how I like those Developer defenders. Didn't notice that you can stick your Beta argument up your... now? I don't care if any other MMO had these problems. That makes it even worse because you should learn from the mistakes of others.
Don't come up with "it is not officially released yet" What are you, a lawyer or a gamer? OK, let's wait the three days they have left. Even you don't believe they will have settled it then. But I know what your argument will be next week....."It's new, what do you want?", won't it?

Can't find a complain about mssing localisation here. Don't drink and post, honey. Trying to make some topics up so your Post looks bigger?
I report my bugs ingame and to be honest, I would love to pass the chance to play together with arrogant people like you are. Everyone is stupid who doesn't share your opinions, right?
I'm glad its down at the moment, it means I don't have to play with ******* like you. CHILD!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyr View Post
I'm glad its down at the moment, I means I don't have to play with ******* like you. CHILD!
This!..............
Lt. Commander
# 15
I'm not sure why people like the OP feel the need to act like jerkoffs trying to make lifetime sub-ers feel bad in their annoying whining posts.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPasquill
This!..............
Thanks, missed that typo
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
NO NO NO NOO NO NOOOOOOOOOO

Some of us have people from the UK and the US and I'm sick to death of separate servers so I can't play with all my friends.

If you want that then have access to any server available if they are splitting up servers. I like the instanced game as it is now so everyone is in the same place.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
NEEEERRRRDDD RAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't mind if the server goes down every now and then, but everyday is a bit harsh IMHO. I wonder why it takes so long to do the maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I actually paid for the lifetime sub. I honestly can not tell you why because I paid for a lifetime in Champions and it was the biggest waste of money ever. The game still feels half developed to me. Anyway I figure 1 server is likely more than enough if STO isn't any better than Champions. The over the shoulder view still irritates me and movement working differently in combat is lame. It seems Cryptic has joined SOE in believing MMO standards really have no value helping players enter and enjoy a new game by using past play experiences.

Oh well, a crash here and there isn't all that big a deal. Not compaired to having too little content and rolling out new content fast enough. We will see in a couple of weeks whether life in STO is a mirror of life in Champions. You eventually have nothing to do but socialize and hope for new content or another game to come along.

I realllllly hope there is more content here than I'm expecting. Oh and fewer crashes.