# 41
01-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I`m blind....
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozle View Post
You wouldn't think so, but I have the same issue with WoW. I get 2 fps on a hotel connection and 40 fps at home - same settings. Same with STO - I had to tune the graphics all the way down to just be able to walk around the spacedock when playing from the hotel connection.

I'm running Intel core duo T9400@2.53 ghz, 4 mb ram, mobil Intel 4 series gpu 1 mb. I'm thinking it is the gpu probably more than anything.
ouch.. yes...

Mine is also Core 2 Duo T9400 with 4gb of ram.... but I have a Geforce 9600GT, which is 'older' to todays standards, but is running STO really good. Intel integrated video totally stinks... STO will look horrid on that.

They have too much detail, things WoW doesn't have... so turning down graphics to work on something as horrid as Intel graphics makes it look really bad.... but they can't change out the whole engine and models they'd need to make it look more WoW like at lower settings, so your probably just kinda have to put up with the graphics until you can get a better computer.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
ouch.. yes...

Mine is also Core 2 Duo T9400 with 4gb of ram.... but I have a Geforce 9600GT, which is 'older' to todays standards, but is running STO really good. Intel integrated video totally stinks... STO will look horrid on that.

They have too much detail, things WoW doesn't have... so turning down graphics to work on something as horrid as Intel graphics makes it look really bad.... but they can't change out the whole engine and models they'd need to make it look more WoW like at lower settings, so your probably just kinda have to put up with the graphics until you can get a better computer.
Yeah - unfortunately no way to swap out an integrated card. Looks like I'll just have to spring for a new comp. Even WoW in some of the 25 man runs punishes my fps.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocck
Hmm, wow...WoW...I always thought that WoWs graphics were cartoonish and bad.
Well, I would not say that they are bad... they most definitively fit the genre and the setting WoW plays in... but to compare WoW graphics and STO graphics seems a little far-fetched