Lt. Commander
# 1 A taste of things to come...
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Not much of a "headstart" if the servers are down so much (last night, now and who know how many more times tomorrow). I have a feeling this will be a common theme once it does go live. So do you really think it's ready for launch now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warguppy View Post
Not much of a "headstart" if the servers are down so much (last night, now and who know how many more times tomorrow). I have a feeling this will be a common theme once it does go live. So do you really think it's ready for launch now?

Ever been through MMO launches before? From your post, it seems not. This is NOTHING compared to other launches I have seen.

Noooothhiinnnngggg. lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh, Sorry I thought this thread was something to do with pron.

Carry on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
It will get better after the first month when a bunch of players let their subs expire. Was the same in CO. Cryptic scales their games for the expected average usage, not the peaks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
Ever been through MMO launches before? From your post, it seems not. This is NOTHING compared to other launches I have seen.

Noooothhiinnnngggg. lol
/like.... lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Yes, the whining on these forums is truly a taste of things to come. I wish Cryptic would ban you for a week.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post

Noooothhiinnnngggg. lol

Agreed. Been in many headstarts which were rough.

Always the same - get home from work and try to log in and servers go down. Get a chance to play for a few and kid wakes up and have to log off. So onand so on. I still do the preorders and sit here. The game isn't super stellar by any means but for some reason I'm having a blast with it... when it's up.

It'll be fine come Feb 2nd. **** had an excellent launch other than PM ques and they didn't have those very long. Cryptic will get it. No worries.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
oooh how about when the auth/login servers have queues and people wait for 30 minutes to get in
or when a patch deletes the boot file from your drive
or when the entire game is a slideshow for systems over spec
or when the database gets corrupted and has to be wiped
or when you finally do get in the server crashes again
or when you get stuck in some part of the map and stay there for hours waiting for help cos there is no /stuck command
or when your character suddenly deletes itself
or when your computer wont play the game your friends are playing on crappier machines
or when content you were told is waiting for launch is revealed post launch to have never existed and half the dev team quits

feh... son you got nothing in the way of problems, server down indeed

this here launch is smooth as silk
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warguppy View Post
DOOOOOOOM

THE END IS NIGH!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to increase my post count. Thank you.