Career Officer
# 11
07-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienfrombeyond View Post
I assume then that if it procs during FAW you have to wait until it finishes for the overload to fire like normal? So maybe it's a little something for non-FAW beam users?
Curious myself as to how this proc impacts faw...does it work with it, cancel it, or simply not activate? I may try and test this later, but the results might be clearer if someone with more [over] beams tries it. I only found one.

EDIT: Ran preliminary (and by no means comprehensive) test in the refueling depot daily. I could not get the [over] proc to trigger while fire at will was in progress. In the downtime between FAWs it seemed to trigger just fine. So early results say you DON'T want to use this on a FAW boat. Probably as it should be.

Last edited by martakurill; 07-05-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Captain
# 12
07-06-2014, 04:01 PM
The Thrust beam mod adds 5% speed and turnrate bonus to you.

With 8 weapons...this can be 40% speed and turnrate boost.

The Snare cannon mod adds 4.8% speed and turnrate reduction to your target.

With 8 weapons...this can be 38.4% speed and turnrate reduction.

I wonder why they are both not 5%. I'm assuming you can't get more than one of these mods. Imagine an A2B cruiser with 8 (thrust)x3 beams.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.

Last edited by tpalelena; 07-06-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Captain
# 13
07-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
Curious myself as to how this proc impacts faw...does it work with it, cancel it, or simply not activate? I may try and test this later, but the results might be clearer if someone with more [over] beams tries it. I only found one.

EDIT: Ran preliminary (and by no means comprehensive) test in the refueling depot daily. I could not get the [over] proc to trigger while fire at will was in progress. In the downtime between FAWs it seemed to trigger just fine. So early results say you DON'T want to use this on a FAW boat. Probably as it should be.
Does the [Over] proc drain 50 weapon power like a normal BO?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Does the [over] proc worth with the boff that adds 35% shield penetration?

If it does, it could work very nicely on a torpedo boat...
If ARC becomes mandatory, I'll never buy ZEN again.
Lieutenant
# 15
07-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
The Thrust beam mod adds 5% speed and turnrate bonus to you.

With 8 weapons...this can be 40% speed and turnrate boost.

The Snare cannon mod adds 4.8% speed and turnrate reduction to your target.

With 8 weapons...this can be 38.4% speed and turnrate reduction.

I wonder why they are both not 5%. I'm assuming you can't get more than one of these mods. Imagine an A2B cruiser with 8 (thrust)x3 beams.
When I tested the Thrust and Snare weapons, they did not stack. They had a 4 sec duration and applied again right away (no cool-down). So basically always up while the weapons are firing.

But they don't stack.. one on a firing weapon is all you need.
Captain
# 16
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasraken View Post
When I tested the Thrust and Snare weapons, they did not stack. They had a 4 sec duration and applied again right away (no cool-down). So basically always up while the weapons are firing.

But they don't stack.. one on a firing weapon is all you need.
Thanks, that's not OP.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
There should be [rapid] mod i think, according to original patch notes, i haven't seen any so far...

R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA