Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
As the title says. Im hugely confused on what the numerics do.

+3.3 Starship Energy Weapons , Projectile Weapons , Warp Core Training , Engineering Training
+6.7 Starship Operations Training

That is the bonus for that skill but what does it all mean?

What is +3.3/+6.7. What does it mean exactly?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
I would like to know as well, if i need to delete my betazoid and start over on tuesday...

However, I don't think it can mean much since there are consoles and items that give +10 to those same stats and I don't even notice a difference when they're equipped...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
If I read correctly those will represent a % bonus to skills related to them. So 3.3% more damage with energy weapons for example. I know there are some stats that do not improve exactly like this but I'm not sure which specificly.

All in all it probably won't make a huge difference, I'm just wondering if there will be a graphical difference between Joined Trill and their Vanilla cousins
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
In your skill tree there is a skill that is called energy weapons. Train energy weapons to 1 and the bar on the right will go to +10. That +10 is the bonus it gives to your energy weapons skills. Train energy weapons to 9 and you get a +18 to your energy weapons skill. You get diminishing returns for training a skill up. The +3.3 to beam weapons stacks with that skill... so...

If you have your symbiote +3.3 and your enegy weapons trained to nine +18, and a console that gives you a +5 to energy weapons then.... you get a total of 26.6 to your skill which somehow influences your energy weapons dps :O)

Same goes for any of the other skills mentioned. You'll find they give bonuses to things in your skill trees.

Incidentally you can see what your skills are by opening up your character sheet and looking under your stats. Note that if you haven't bought the first rank you won't get the bonus. This pertains specifically to the efficiency rank which you won't see the bonus on until you reach Commander :O)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:09 PM
In your skill tree there is a skill that is called energy weapons. Train energy weapons to 1 and the bar on the right will go to +10. That +10 is the bonus it gives to your energy weapons skills. Train energy weapons to 9 and you get a +18 to your energy weapons skill. You get diminishing returns for training a skill up. The +3.3 to beam weapons stacks with that skill... so...

If you have your symbiote +3.3 and your enegy weapons trained to nine +18, and a console that gives you a +5 to energy weapons then.... you get a total of 26.6 to your skill which somehow influences your energy weapons dps :O)

Same goes for any of the other skills mentioned. You'll find they give bonuses to things in your skill trees.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus84 View Post
One thing to keep in mind though - in CO, all percentage boosts were based on the BASE number, not the end number.

In other words, let's say you had a 100 skill in something. And let's say you get a 20% boost to it, and another 20% boost to it from something else.

In most games, you'd have a total skill of 144 (100x1.2x1.2).

In CO, you'd have a skill of 140 (100x1.2)+(100x1.2).

The question in the end is which way are the numbers being added up? Since STO uses the same core engine as CO, I'm gonna guess the latter. But who knows for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
+3.3 Starship Energy Weapons
Bonus to energy weapon damage (beams, cannons and turrets)

Projectile Weapons
Bonus to Projectile weapon damage (torpedoes, mines)

Warp Core Training
Bonus to Energy output of the warp core (slight increase to low power level systems)

Engineering Training
Bonus to hull repair rate

+6.7 Starship Operations Training
Improves starship sensor, deflector, and emitter abilities like sensor scan, tachyon beam, and tractor beam. Affects stealth detection.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I think these bonuses apply to the Lt. Level of the Skill tree
Lt. Commander
# 9 .
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
What an OP trait. Its good to know they are rigging the game based on what preorder outlet u went through. Especially since they didn't list what the joined trill special trait was.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
So going by this information this trait is by far the best trait available... Thats good to know