Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah I think it would be great if your new rank was pinned on you at the ceremony.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacilelNagarythe
Unfortunately I don't know what poor countries military shotgun served in but where I'm from you certainly don't have to pay for your first set of insignia. You get a complete set and only if they have to be replaced(with the same rank ) do you have to pay it yourself(actually, you get a yearly stippend for that )

That's interesting, because I spent 12 years in the US military (not a poor country) both as enlisted and officer.

With the exception of my initial uniform issue, I had to pay for ALL upkeep. That includes sewing on/pinning on new rank insignia.

The monthly stippend for clothing was a joke. It barely covers the cost of keeping things clean.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I don't really mind paying for pips, was in the military as well and had to pay for them all as well, however, I can't get anything but Ensign to stay on my uniforms, gives me some kind of error and will not let me pay for the changes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomyril
Just be happy we don't have to pay for photon torpedoes...
*shudder* I will take paying a few credits for rank pips over torpedos anyday.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
That's interesting, because I spent 12 years in the US military (not a poor country) both as enlisted and officer.

With the exception of my initial uniform issue, I had to pay for ALL upkeep. That includes sewing on/pinning on new rank insignia.

The monthly stippend for clothing was a joke. It barely covers the cost of keeping things clean.
Well, if you say that the US isn't poor then it treats its servicemen and women poorly( at least, in from my point of view). First issue of a new rank is a sign that you archieved something.. you earned it. Hence, in my opinion you should never have to pay for your new rank, its a gift of sorts. Hell, i've been in the PX and they sure aren't expensive... but actually having to buy your first set there???? hmzz.. saw they had medals too... is that how a soldier gets them? Buy them after receiving a paper stating your entitled to have them?
Sorry, but I would call that cheap... something like giving a party(say for a wedding) and telling everybody to bring their own drinks..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Well I can't get any other rank then Ensign to stick to my uniforms. I have the option to pick them but when I do it reverts back to ensign.


It was broken all through Open Beta, and appears to still be broken.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
That's interesting, because I spent 12 years in the US military (not a poor country) both as enlisted and officer.

With the exception of my initial uniform issue, I had to pay for ALL upkeep. That includes sewing on/pinning on new rank insignia.

The monthly stippend for clothing was a joke. It barely covers the cost of keeping things clean.
This.

Throw in the cost of extra Class A's and necessary adornments and there went one of your paycheck for the month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
What's with the racial sterotyping anyway? Just because Garrack could tailor doesn't follow they're an entire race of tailors :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Instead of having the costume/tailor Rank dropdown options list as:
None
Ensign
Lieutenant
etc

why not just have 2 settings: NONE or YES? Select "none" and no pips are displayed. Select "yes" and the number of pips appropriate to your current rank are displayed *automatically*. The ability for an admiral to go about wearing an ensign pip is a little silly, isn't it? Similarly, instead of making each Rank unlock a title, how 'bout a Choose Title option of "current rank" that would automatically display the toon's current Rank as their title?

--Chris
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weegee101 View Post
This.

Throw in the cost of extra Class A's and necessary adornments and there went one of your paycheck for the month.
Oh yeah..I forgot all about that. I spent a few hundred on a new set of Class-A's. Quite a bit for something I hardly ever wore (but they sure did look nice).

I guess a lot of people don't realize that the issued clothing ends up getting replaced by stuff we purchase. If you want a uniform that actually fits, you got to buy it. Especially boots. Most people I served with bought their own boots. Taking care of your feet is pretty important.

The issue stuff is under a massive contract, and people aren't all built the same.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 PM.