Lt. Commander
Just curious if I or anyone is supposed to know what are ships need? As I have lvled now and through beta, I have no idea of where to put certain skill points. Do I need them in sensors, deflectors or what ever. With no respec option right now it seems like a very critical choice. I can't help but think about making it all the way to 50 to find out I speced wrong and have to choose to start a new toon or wait for what will surely be a cryptic fee to get a respec. Any help on this matter would be awesome.

P.S. Cryptic. your website manual is a joke and an insult to both gamers and trekies!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAM
Just curious if I or anyone is supposed to know what are ships need? As I have lvled now and through beta, I have no idea of where to put certain skill points. Do I need them in sensors, deflectors or what ever. With no respec option right now it seems like a very critical choice. I can't help but think about making it all the way to 50 to find out I speced wrong and have to choose to start a new toon or wait for what will surely be a cryptic fee to get a respec. Any help on this matter would be awesome.

P.S. Cryptic. your website manual is a joke and an insult to both gamers and trekies!
When it comes to the Starship Operations skill group, buy the skills that will boost the Science abilities you use (or plan to use in the future).

To see which skills affect an ability, press 'P' to open the abilities window, click on the ability and read the info on the right-hand side of the window.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
We will have some respec for free i am sure
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbite View Post
We will have some respec for free i am sure
...free...no...paid, yes...

...it has been several times that respecs will be available as a micro-transaction in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I play a Science Captain myself, so I usually end up using the all-around deflectors (less bonus to the types themselves, but usually gives bonuses to more types). Mainly, I use Tractor Beam, Sensor Array (for my sensor scan and jam targeting sensors), and Deflector Field (for Feedback Pulse).

The different types I can remember atm are: Deflector Field, Deflector Dish, Emitter, Tractor, Sensor Array, Hazard Systems, and Astrometrics (not too sure about this one; may be Astrometric Probes). I can't remember any others (if there are any).
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiEvil

...it has been several times that respecs will be available as a micro-transaction in the C-Store.
It has been said several times that respecs will be availible using in game currencies, not real money transactions. Quit trying to spread dissent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, I play a Science Captain myself, so I usually end up using the all-around deflectors (less bonus to the types themselves, but usually gives bonuses to more types). Mainly, I use Tractor Beam, Sensor Array (for my sensor scan and jam targeting sensors), and Deflector Field (for Feedback Pulse).

The different types I can remember atm are: Deflector Field, Deflector Dish, Emitter, Tractor, Sensor Array, Hazard Systems, Tractor, and Astrometrics (not too sure about this one; may be Astrometric Probes). I can't remember any others (if there are any).
I don't think there is Astrometric Probes, there is however Astrometrics, Sensor Array and Sensor Probes. Sensor Probes is used for the scramble sensor ability which fires a probe and causes enemies to target each other. Sensor Array is for Jam Sensors.

Personally I'd like the "Examples Include" list to be complete on each skill point area, would make everything a whole lot easier to follow. I like you am still finding the whole science skill section to be confusing, having to keep referring to references like a wiki.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiEvil

No offense, but your are wrong the opposite has been reported by cryptic, they will be available via in game cash.,