Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I do agree. I have played many an MMO and beta tested just as many if not more and out of all the launches I have seen this is up there with some other really good ones. I will however say Age of Conan launched a lot smoother than this.

Still this does rank up very highly and a lot better than a lot of games.

Even games as 'untouchable' as WoW (so people would have you believe) had an appauling launch and an even worse beta phase.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owee
Man those guys from Cryptic don't even bother to properly give a downtime reason - they just copy and paste pre-prerepared text from the notepad - and while doing this they actually can't even do that properly
CAP'N! Th' dratted tribbles got into the warp nacells and wound up cloggin' up the freem emitters. I'm workin' on 'em as fast as I c'n but I'm nae miracle worker!

Seriously, if they explained what memory leak they've discovered having 5 times more people on the servers than they had in beta would it make a difference? "There's been an unexpected downtime and we're working to restore service." What more do you want? It's not like you could fly out here and help them patch it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonFalcon View Post
What more do you want? It's not like you could fly out here and help them patch it.
No but I could beam Spock down and he could make the repairs being the only one stupid enough to jump into such a highly radiated area.

Make it so!
Lt. Commander
# 14 More Cryptic response desired
01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owee
Man those guys from Cryptic don't even bother to properly give a downtime reason
I find the downtime annoying, but somewhat expected given the instability during beta. Still not bad as some MMO launches, but regardless...

Cryptic needs to be more informative in their messages on the launcher and server status page, AND they need more presence on the forums. A few more informative messages and responses to forum members who aren't just trolls would be not only appreciated, but also be commensurate with what other people running MMOs already do.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
If cryptic really cared about what we think or cared about fixing their problems, instead of slapping a bandage on it, they would bring more servers online. But all they care about are temporary fixes and empty promises.