Lt. Commander
I just thought I'd throw come productivity out there for a change and sincerly thank all the cryptic crew who are at work at the moment instead of at home on a SATURDAY.

All this complaining is a bit silly people just be thankful people are working on something to entertain us with especially over the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
I just thought I'd throw come productivity out there for a change and sincerly thank all the cryptic crew who are at work at the moment instead of at home on a SATURDAY.

All this complaining is a bit silly people just be thankful people are working on something to entertain us with especially over the weekend.
Its easy to forget that the devs are just like us. They have lives and this is just a job to them to pay the bills. Of course, its in their best interest to make sure that the product launches and runs as smoothly as possible.

Has the early access / headstart been relatively smooth? Yes.
Could the game be better? Yes.
Does the current state of the game provide a good foundation on which to build? Yes.

Therefore, for what its worth, so far they have deserved my personal thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I am willing to pitch in to buy some of the server guys some cots so they can sleep in the server room and work around the clock! Anyone with me?

I mean that's fair right? :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post

Oh please just stop with the brown nosing. 10% of American's are without work and the entire country of Haiti is shambles. And you want to 'sincerly thank' cryptic for their sacrifices? This has got to be the most idiotic post yet. Just to clue you in, those cryptic workers you speak of, were not at home and they will be spending very little time at home for the next 2 weeks at least. There's no doubt they are working with a full staff that accepts the responsabilities and long hours that come with a MMO release. And they should, Cryptic is on the verge of making a lot of money.

So why don't you take that empathy and put it to a.., I'm going to use your words here, ..and put it towards a 'productive' cause.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL! So because Haiti is in shambles (through no fault of the developers) Cryptic is required to sacrifice their whole lives to work on the MMO.

Makes alot of sense.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:55 PM
You'll have to also thank them for calling their gf's/wives and telling them " I am going to be home late again...".
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Lol suck up much? realy there are alot of people who dont have a monday to friday 9 to 5 job thats why you have staff staggered over shifts and some of us work unsociable hours regulary too, we all get payed for it so some how i think working on a saturday evening isnt realy that much of a sacrafice.

running an mmo is a 24 hour business im sure there well staffed
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah they are doing a great job, I'm happy to wait 3 hours for the server to come back up followed by a 20 min log in wait followed by a server not responding message, put down the hamburgers and get back to work.