Commander
# 31
07-10-2014, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
It's Las Vegas in August. Nothing is walking distance. You burst into flames if you try walking more than about 100' outside.
True. I remember about 10 years ago now, I was in Vegas on the hottest day of not just that summer but in the past 5 years! Me and my GF at the time were walking form one place to another place. When we left the first place we were joking and laughing about people on the streets selling water bottles for $5. We weren't laughing a half mile later when we got to the place we were going.
Lt. Commander
They must think people have money to go all the way to Vegas/Sin City just to flaunt and spend their money on a Star Trek Convention. Seriously? All the way in Vegas? Why not make this convention a tour. You know a weekend here in this country, then in another country. At least "that way" folks might have a chance to attend and enjoy the event. But hey who doesn't want to do events the old school style. Probably because TOO MANY celebrities have too many things to do. Course that's just me.

On a side note here we are talking about "Star Trek" and honestly hello? With all the confusion between the Prime Universe and the JJ Abrams Universe is there still enough hype that hangs on the "Fringe" here for anyone to even go anymore? Not to forget also the money to go. Hell I was happy with SheVACon and Mysticon being here in VA. We need more events like that nationally! And also have all the major franchises pitching in. Again, "that way" the sci fi community is still coming on strong as a fan base.
Ensign
# 33
07-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the notice I have plenty of time to make plans to go over there
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
07-20-2014, 03:01 PM
13 days until expansion 2 info

R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA
Commander
# 35
07-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Just made this thread, as a suggestion to one of the PWE/Cryptic employees who may be in charge of Public Relations:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post18122281
Career Officer
# 36
07-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Hope you guys have fun !

Do something I wouldn't do ! Cause I'll never know what you did, cause it stays in Vegas
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Captain
# 37
07-22-2014, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
Hope you guys have fun !
In response to these...
Quote:
Research and Development:
  • Resolved an issue which was allowing players to run multiple Research Training projects from the same school simultaneously.
  • Only 1 Research Training project can be run at a time per school.
...bits of the Release Notes: July 22, 2014, this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
Anyone who knows me in game knows I buy zen from time to time and I don't just buy 5-10USD worth. I buy quite a bit. Not only that, I am also a lifer so I have paid a fair amount of money into the game. That being said, I am , at this point, halting all my zen purchases.

I am doing this as a way to let Cryptic know that the nerfing of the R&D system is unacceptable. Running multiple research projects was a good way to get a jump on pushing a school further and faster. To be honest, I wasn't at all happy with the grind the way it was setup. However, the researches made it tolerable. Removing this ability to run multiples pretty much says that they want us to takes months to complete even a single school unless we dump huge amounts of dilithium into nothingness.

I am not even going to get started on the ridiculously low drop rates for the Very Rare R&D mats (59 elite runs and not a single VR mat).

I'm not gonna yell. I'm not gonna call anyone names. All I am gonna do is not give Cryptic anymore of my money until this is resolved. I have defended Cryptic on several occasions when it came to grinding and farming items, but this I cannot defend. It's been said many times before in this thread - Bad idea is BAD. I am sure any Dev or Community Manager can look at my account and see just how much money I have sent their way in the past 2 years. Consider that money lost from this point forward until you lessen the grind you have turn the game into.

I think all of us should do the same. Our words can only do so much. Our wallets will speak much louder.
...is one of the most reasonable posts thus far. I'm not sure a crowd of folks that travel all the way to Vegas for an STO panel is going to be fun to deal with, as those same folks are going to be somewhat more diehard. Please give the folks going a heads up to pack some asprin, in case they weren't already doing so in case of hangover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Delicious bread and circuses time again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
I do enjoy my bread and circuses, Cryptic.
Sure it's out of context, and I don't work for Cryptic... but thanks!

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 07-22-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 38
07-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
I'm not sure a crowd of folks that travel all the way to Vegas for an STO panel is going to be fun to deal with, as those same folks are going to be somewhat more diehard. Please give the folks going a heads up to pack some asprin, in case they weren't already doing so in case of hangover.
I think you may be right.

I know that, if i were going to STLV, the last few days would have decided what I wanted to talk to the devs about.........
Cryptic Studios Team
# 39
07-22-2014, 02:03 PM
You know, the people I have talked to at Vegas in previous years, about STO, have all been great to talk with.

I do not, in any way mean this as a dig on the forums, but face to face interactions are a LOT different than over the intarwebs anonymized interactions. People are always open and friendly, even when we're talking about things that we disagree on. I always look forward to meeting STO players at STLV. We always have our awkward 'nerds standing near each other' moments, but overall it's great. I enjoy seeing some of the repeats, and getting to know them better, and I love meeting new folks there.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Empire Veteran
# 40
07-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
You know, the people I have talked to at Vegas in previous years, about STO, have all been great to talk with.

I do not, in any way mean this as a dig on the forums, but face to face interactions are a LOT different than over the intarwebs anonymized interactions. People are always open and friendly, even when we're talking about things that we disagree on. I always look forward to meeting STO players at STLV. We always have our awkward 'nerds standing near each other' moments, but overall it's great. I enjoy seeing some of the repeats, and getting to know them better, and I love meeting new folks there.
I hope y'all get the crafting issue solved or some may be disgruntled there..
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Closed Thread