Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Crafting = non combat gameplay = "boring".
C'mon Ragerx, let's go kill 47 waves of KlinGornOrions ships together, this will be fun ! And since there are 47 of them, it's Startrek !
lol...sounds about right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Ask that to Cryptic : they said there will be crafting in the game. Unless you consider they don't know what they're talking about ?
well if cryptic said this it must be true...lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozew
Oh well, OP helps prove the correlation of people who waste tons of money on rigs but are stupid as ****.

Well done mate, now go do something more useful than making a fool of yourself.
Yes because you have lots of great ideas yourself. You just go on being content to be shorted for you $ and be happy ok?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
They wouldnt be able to rush the game out the door as fast if they actually had to develop something like crafting for the game. The more they can just reuse CO game engine mechanics verbatim the fast they can get the $$$. Watch now other MMO companies will start omitting feature like this once they figure out they can get away with it.......
Some posters lack intelligent and original thoughts because.....

they could rush out useless boring posts to score points with the rest of the btards.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Then call it that dont try to make it rain yellow and call it good..I honestly think that they have no idea HOW to implement crafting because they are incompetent in some areas. I mean really go steal a dev from Blizz already to teach you how to build a crafting system........
I didn't care for Blizzard's crafting system and thought it was garbage. Pirates of the Burning Sea had a very detailed and micromanaged crafting system. It was a pretty robust system for people that actually like that socioeconomic thing. Eve has a very unique crafting system as well which is fulfilling for many.

It sounds like you're asking for a useless unless it's maxed crafting system. Lotro, WoW, ****, and many others have that type of system. This doesn't need a typical crafting system or at all imo.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconnaise
I didn't care for Blizzard's crafting system and thought it was garbage. Pirates of the Burning Sea had a very detailed and micromanaged crafting system. It was a pretty robust system for people that actually like that socioeconomic thing. Eve has a very unique crafting system as well which is fulfilling for many.

It sounds like you're asking for a useless unless it's maxed crafting system. Lotro, WoW, ****, and many others have that type of system. This doesn't need a typical crafting system or at all imo.
Well Bacon I would be happy with SOMETHING rather than NOTHING. And it would be even better if they came up with something orginal to boot. But they butchered crafting in CO too so their engine obviously isnt equipped to implement crafting. And this *IS* a rush job judging from things like this being omitted or poorly designed based on the limitations of another game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconnaise
I honestly think they couldn't think of any way to include a crafting system. Thinking about it more just makes me think this is the most logical answer. How would you put in crafting in a star trek mmo? The only thing I can come up with really is something similar to what they have which is a system that upgrades what you have. I mean in the series the engineers like laforge and obrien would modify what they have perhaps making it run better etc.
I think so too.. and as for upgrading components.. tehy have the artifacts and such.. maybe what the NPC does with them can and will eb included later in the game. Maybe when they do a expansion pack or something.

To be honest even in WOW when I spent all the time to get a level 450 Leather Wroking skill.. in the end it seems pointless as I could quest for better things thatn I could make most the time.

I'm sure if they put something in for crafting you would complain it doesnt do enough or is useless.. so why was Dev time on it? When it could be spent improving ship balance or play balance.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Doesnt someone have to develop the "recipes" for the replicators?? Why not just call that "development costs"
I like this recipe idea. It strikes me as odd how replicators can deconstruct things so fully. There should be some kind of waste that we get back or something like "liquified dillithium matter" or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy.lek_Shran
I think so too.. and as for upgrading components.. tehy have the artifacts and such.. maybe what the NPC does with them can and will eb included later in the game. Maybe when they do a expansion pack or something.

To be honest even in WOW when I spent all the time to get a level 450 Leather Wroking skill.. in the end it seems pointless as I could quest for better things thatn I could make most the time.

I'm sure if they put something in for crafting you would complain it doesnt do enough or is useless.. so why was Dev time on it? When it could be spent improving ship balance or play balance.
In WoW there are few items that you really want to keep at max levels. IMHO it is a way to make $$$ I maxed out Inscription and was making Noble Decks for 6k gold a pop
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink100 View Post
I like this recipe idea. It strikes me as odd how replicators can deconstruct things so fully. There should be some kind of waste that we get back or something like "liquified dillithium matter" or something like that.
The reason the replicators work so well is because they follow the Law of Conservation of matter/energy. The matter (item) is fully disposed of because it is transformed into pure energy put back into the ship system. The is no waste nor should there be with a complete conversion of matter to energy
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
How about you go back to wow with the rest of the 14 year old ***s ?