Lt. Commander
Well, I had 10 hours to play this weekend. Got up early to feed/bathe/clothe daughter, take her out all day, brownie points well and truly in bank. Got an hour's sleep,. Have large bottles of acaffein-based drink, piles os sweets and choccie biccies.

And...well, 5 hours in, maybe 45 minutes of play time.

Fed up, annoyed, dissappointed, going to bed.

And before you start:
1) I know it's an MMO launch
2) The answer to the next question is "Lord of the Rings Online". Flawless.
3) I'm not cancelling, threatening a lawsuit, or asking for my money back. Just venting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I feel your pain.

But look at the most important thing, you have a lovely baby daughter.

Some things are more important than a stupid game server being kaput. Just a little perspective to those who are wailing about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Although I've gotten a good 12 hours or so gameplay wise in, I'm feeling the frustration as well. Bugs are popping up that weren't in Beta and now the Server has been down on the Headstart weekend for 3+ hours. I was hoping to make it to Lt. Commander today (which I most likely will), but I'm a bit miffed at my loss of playtime, and many of my missions being bugged (Especially the "New Officer" missions, which do not give you anything. I've missed out on two Green Boffs so far because of this.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree that this is far too long a down time at this point. I don't demand that a game have a flawless launch, and I understand that things go wrong.

However, the duration of this indicates poor disaster recovery procedures. It should not take this long for a simple reboot and relaunch of the game servers. The lack of communication from Cryptic indicates a very poor customer service system.

Both systems need to be reviewed and streamlined.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Now this is a good complaining post! ^^

Yeah! I want to get on my vulcan and run around blasting up some illogical aliens!!

Waiting paticently. Hehe
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
@Thomas:

Agreed.

Although I'm not so much in distress at the long time it's taking to get the server back up, I was just hoping the headstart would be...far more professional. Perhaps I expected too much, but it seems little different from Beta at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphsmith View Post
Well, I had 10 hours to play this weekend. Got up early to feed/bathe/clothe daughter, take her out all day, brownie points well and truly in bank. Got an hour's sleep,. Have large bottles of acaffein-based drink, piles os sweets and choccie biccies.

And before you start:
3) I'm not cancelling, threatening a lawsuit, or asking for my money back. Just venting.

Are you a single mom?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphsmith View Post

And before you start:
I hear ye ... worked hard to keep my schedule clear to play a bit.

Let's see ... not able to access my pre-order perks during headstart CHECK
Massive downtime during headstart CHECK

Oh well ... time to stock up on more beer and pork rinds. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
As each hour passes, my mood changes.

Hour

1. Understand. Yeah it happens.
2. Antisapation. Should be soon...
3. Annoyince... Should be soon...
4. Anger/frustraion. What the @#$@ is wrong...
5 + down right ****ed off... WHAT THE @!#$@$#@ IS WRONG?!?!
6+ ... can't say... will get me banned...

Since we'er about what, 4 hours in... maybe more? I'm starting to get ****ed... but there really isn't much you can do about it is there? *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
Are you a single mom?
No. My wife is getting up tomorrow morning to look after daughter. I am therefore able to stay up late, not something I can often do (It's near midnight in the UK now).