Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
holy crap, a EVE player admitting that PVP in EVE is mainly griefing
bookmarked

(not that it isnt well knoen already, just that its usually "no thats not thr only reason we" lol)
Hehe it is, bben playing for 3 years on and off.

Head to the tama system and dock. you wish you didnt do that. High chance i was there waiting for you to undock in my harbinger with tech 2 stuff, aligned to a POS, would have a few friends out side. Once you undocked you were smelted in mere seconds regardless the ship and gear you had. oh yeah we would loot you dry and warp off, or just wait if we had a few battleships with sensor boosters and a few carriers healing us up.

Gate camping, Gate pouncing, forcing mission runners to shoot me while i stole their loot just to come back with a ship and kill then to take their epic gear and sell it on the market.

Yeah i done it all. I can garantee you, there is NO fair pvp in eve, and if there is ever a fair fight, one of the fleet commanders did somthing very very wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Nah I was good the first time I got gate camped or for that matter when my battleship got suicide bombed while I was in a loading screen.
They ever fix doing that by the way?
I remember a dude that was doing it in Jita over an over an the GMs told him to stop an when he refused they banned him, but if it doesnt impact the newbs, they werent keen on caring about doing anything about it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I tried eve out for a month, it's really, really, hard, and it will stomp you in the teeth every chance it gets. It was the most frustrating game I ever played.

Star Trek Online is fun. You can just log in and have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 03:06 PM
They still have probs like trying to get into Jita on a weekend. Name crazyhate was in Aduro protocal for awhile played about 4 years subscription. Based in low sec, disliked no sec cause there's always someone better than u, in time in, and no one is above an a$$ whoopin. I learned if u dont have the isk to replace theship u take in, dont go.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatoly
I tried eve out for a month, it's really, really, hard, and it will stomp you in the teeth every chance it gets.
...and so will the players :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_00
Yeah i done it all. I can garantee you, there is NO fair pvp in eve, and if there is ever a fair fight, one of the fleet commanders did somthing very very wrong.
Yeh, BoB and Red Alliance (was it?) gettin into massive fights in 0.0 where they spam sent guys into the node till it crashed, and had second EVE launchers already opened so that when the node reopened, they could pwn everything still not yet logged off and/or without pilots. I remember BoB was pretty notorious for that, an were somehoe immubne to bansticks for doing it while others wouldnt be quite as immune.
Not much of a surprise given who was in the corp....

I seriously would have loved to have seen a roster and number of how many devs/GM alts there were in there (but thats just my conspiracy theorism)