Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_C
I feel your pain.

But look at the most important thing, you have a lovely baby daughter.

Some things are more important than a stupid game server being kaput. Just a little perspective to those who are wailing about it.
You are of course annoyingly correct. D*mn your frustration-in-perspective-eyes
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
However, the duration of this indicates poor disaster recovery procedures. It should not take this long for a simple reboot and relaunch of the game servers.
With the length of downtime I'm thinking it's probably something that can't be resolved through a simple server restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
The lack of communication from Cryptic indicates a very poor customer service system.
I agree. They really should update the status on the homepage and launcher to tell us more about the problem if it goes on longer than at least half an hour, and then continue to update it every so often.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdMaN View Post
I agree. They really should update the status on the homepage and launcher to tell us more about the problem if it goes on longer than at least half an hour, and then continue to update it every so often.
You would think they'd learn. The most annoying thing from the Champions Online launch was the bad communications during and about downtime.

And I'll add: I said then and reiterate now, it's just *bizarre* to have your public website and forums on the same infrastructure as your game engines. Should be hosted hundreds of miles away.