Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh come on...
I paid for this, they are not providing what I paid for. I have every right to be ****ed. You'd think a company that's launched 2 MMOs already would have this figured out. I haven't paid for any subscription yet and this going to influence my choice, as it will many others I would guess.

Pull it together Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
How stupid of us ! Trying to play a game during the weekend ! Poor Cryptic, how could they imagine we would do that !
Cause they should really have to work their arses off on the weekend. Smart arse
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke628 View Post
And a poor thought at that. I *love* it when people use the excuse "well other people are much worse off and blah, blah, blah." Yea there are people and much worse than me and there are people much better off than me. And I dont care about any of them. All I can deal with is my life.

Btw I'm not saying one thing or another about STO, just that your sh*tty argument is sh*t.
My point was that people are selfish and only care about themselves. And it was only reiterated by your post. We know the servers are down, they are down for everyone. But it is not the end of the world. However, you are free to do what you want obviously, and if all you care about is your self than that is your choice. Call my argument ******, but aren't most of us Fans of Star Trek? One of the major themes of all of the Star Trek shows and movies was selflessness, not selfishness.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Folks, unexpected downtime and emergency server maintenance are going to be a regular occurance for at LEAST a full year. Its happened in just about every MMO that has ever been made. Hardware failures will occure, software issues will arrise. If your not prepaired to DEAL WITH IT, then its quite simple, dont even attempt to play this MMO or for that matter any new MMO that is coming out in the near future. They will all have the exact same problems. If you like your server stability, then go play WOW. Even they have their issues sometimes, thats why they have hundreds of servers to play on. Unfortunately the devs here thought it was a good idea to have just one server, so we have nothing else to turn to. But like I said before, if your not prepared to put up with server down times and emergency maintenance periods, then dont let the door hit on the butt on the way out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
I take responsibility that's why I don't drink and drive
People complaining though should seriously bugger off back to WoW
yep noobs the train back to wow is leaving so make like a tree and leaf
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
When I have "downtime" I use Summer's Eve..to get rid of that not so fresh Feeling...
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
Cause they should really have to work their arses off on the weekend. Smart arse
Yes, yes they should. That is the life of the IT dept in a poorly designed Application Service Provider world. Someone failed in planning, design, or execution. This isn't a web site as a hobby. It is a real business, with real, paying customers. The outcome of release day, good or bad, can cause CNET articles or simply move the stock prices - which, said IT department should have a vested interest in. So yes, they should work their arses off. Dumb arse.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho Matsu****a
Yes, yes they should. That is the life of the IT dept in a poorly designed Application Service Provider world. Someone failed in planning, design, or execution. This isn't a web site as a hobby. It is a real business, with real, paying customers. The outcome of release day, good or bad, can cause CNET articles or simply move the stock prices - which, said IT department should have a vested interest in. So yes, they should work their arses off. Dumb arse.
And they are working their asses off, as they have been, yet people are still complaining. Semantics could be argued all day and night, but the fact is Cryptic has done nothing but work on this game for the past year or two, and everyone is jumping down their throat fro something that happens to EVERY mmo.