Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I must state how totally unacceptable it is to have spent money on a lifetime membership and for the game to have a huge login queue.

It is obvious to me that enough planning has not gone in to this release.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Is there anything you people wont complain about?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gHz
Such a total fail - a game instanced to high heaven with a login queue - wow, they have to gimp the load to avoid there fragile game crashing on its self.

What an epic mess this launch is, right up there with VG and ***.
Stop complaining about it all of you. All the QQing you are doing isn't going to help anyone. All MMO's go through downtime and have issues at release. Sure Cryptic may not have been ready for all the people that signed up for the game and things could diffidently have been planned out different but the point and case is it wasn't so their isn't anything you can do about it. If you are going to complain about it then wait a few months for the servers to be a bit more stable because no amount of complaining is going to fix the server.

The game is not a fail, the launch might have ran in to issues but every MMO has it so deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeternali View Post
I must state how totally unacceptable it is to have spent money on a lifetime membership and for the game to have a huge login queue.

It is obvious to me that enough planning has not gone in to this release.

You paid for a lifetime of access to the game. That doesn't guarentee anything other than you can play the game when the servers are up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:58 PM
A log in queue? Seriously? Im 751st in the queue and look forward to playing the "Head Start" sometime next month. Come on. This is seriously bad. I have ridden thru many MMO launches but this one has the most frustrating feeling. If this persists I will definitely be cancelling my order. Shame on Atari/Cryptic. This license deserves a higher quality approach. For the vast dollars involved things like 'enough servers' is so basic to the situation that one cannot expect any other aspect of this release to deliver on its promises.
We all understand the difficulties in launching an MMO but none of this is new to Cryptic or to us gamers. At some point someone is going to figure out that MMO's die when they fail to meet the reasonable expectations of their customers. Being able to log in is a reasonable expectation. MMO's should not ask for money for an unfinished and untested product. Start ups this rough are expected from Free to play games but when I lay out over 60 bucks I expect to at least be able to log in.
Customers are forgiving but frustration destroys the experience.
Cryptic needs to communicate better to us what is going on with the game.
We all just spent three and a half hours waiting for the servers to come up with no idea when they might come up. Thats just plain rude.
Openning the server to only a limited number of folks and creating a log in queue is beyond rude ...its a game killer.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 04:00 PM
all people did during the beta was ***** about there not being a queue available in which to wait...

now we have one and people ***** because theyre in the queue...
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
The queue is an improvement. Until the end of Open Beta, you would just get a "you're not allowed to login" message and would have to try again and again and again in such an occasion...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
They did get more servers, but I'm sure they aren't going to buy 5 when they only needed 4 (or something). The queues are just in case so we don't have to sit at the computer holding down the enter to until we get in. I rather like it, even if I am unable to get into the game.