Lieutenant
# 61
07-13-2014, 06:10 AM
The Doff system was what kept me logging in daily in its current state if it goes Live (Which we all know it will!!) it will stop me from wanting to log in.

Think its time for me to have a Summer break from STO I may come back after a few months when CRYPTIC see that this Money spinner Grind has failed and only the Hardcore 2% of players have a Crafting skill of 15 or above and decide to bring it in line with what we have been calling for for weeks now.

I believe the idea of a Crafting revamp was well meant but once the PWE Money grubbers got hold of it it went down hill fast their ideas of how to make the system "Pay" Will / Have pushed the customer too far this time in My case at the very least I do not presume to talk for anyone else.
It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
Career Officer
# 62
07-13-2014, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prechar View Post
The Doff system was what kept me logging in daily in its current state if it goes Live (Which we all know it will!!) it will stop me from wanting to log in.

Think its time for me to have a Summer break from STO I may come back after a few months when CRYPTIC see that this Money spinner Grind has failed and only the Hardcore 2% of players have a Crafting skill of 15 or above and decide to bring it in line with what we have been calling for for weeks now.

I believe the idea of a Crafting revamp was well meant but once the PWE Money grubbers got hold of it it went down hill fast their ideas of how to make the system "Pay" Will / Have pushed the customer too far this time in My case at the very least I do not presume to talk for anyone else.
Season 9.5: Summer Break

Sounds about right
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prechar View Post
that always happens once you let unqualified people like ceos, executives or share holders tell actual professional game developers how to make games and what is good. their ideas are usually on par with the meme spouting 13 year olds from youtube.

if all they did was take their free money and go away, letting people who know their job do their work and make more free money for them, everything would be great. instead, they're using their only true skill: driving successful companies into slow death and bankrupcy.
Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the crap out of me.
We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.

Last edited by arrmateys; 07-13-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Commander
# 64
07-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
So these fleet projects do not distinguish between raw materials of different quality?
I have done extensive testing this weekend ahead of the huge rush of players attempting to do the same.

I will tell you that the new crafting system is a nice concept but it is not something I will do on the live holodeck.

As for starbase inputs to projects, if you take particle traces with you and copy a character to tribble, you can then convert them to the new items.

The amount you get per item converted is very generous in its current state. Inputting into the base projects is a easy task and I personally think the revamp actually helps with the starbase projects that require particle traces which is now called raw materials.
Vice Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Commander
# 65
07-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I LOVE THE NEW DOFF UI!!! You have done a fantastic job Cryptic! I applaud you for your efforts!

Okay, now that I have your attention, I actually don't like it and don't consider it an improvement over the predecessor. Like many have already said, this is a pointless change and it has received nothing but negative feedback from players. Feedback you continue to ignore...again.

Get it through your thick skulls. Stop fixing what ain't broke.
LOL, That isn't going to happen. Look at ARC, they shoved it down our throats although almost everyone said no to ARC. I know this much, I stopped using the DOFF system over a year and a half ago once I completed the requirement to get the transwarp to DS9. IT seems that was a wasted effort as they gave us transwarp to defera anyway. That was my reason for doing what i did. As for the crafting system, I haven't done any crafting in over two years and I don't plan to start now. Make it pretty and make it easier to do still won't change the fact that I don't see any reason to craft.

Call me crazy if you want to but there really is no need to craft. I just finished leveling a Fed-Romulan to 50 and I use fleet gear. I guess it is for those players that want to craft or choose not to join a fleet. Have fun with crafting, it is a useless feature I will never use.
Vice Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Ensign
# 66 belfast interior
07-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Just tested out the patch on tribble, and noticed thebelfast interior has strange graaphical blocking in the mess, captains quaters, and the trophy room. Anyone else seeing this?
Captain
# 67
07-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
LOL, That isn't going to happen. Look at ARC, they shoved it down our throats although almost everyone said no to ARC. I know this much, I stopped using the DOFF system over a year and a half ago once I completed the requirement to get the transwarp to DS9. IT seems that was a wasted effort as they gave us transwarp to defera anyway. That was my reason for doing what i did. As for the crafting system, I haven't done any crafting in over two years and I don't plan to start now. Make it pretty and make it easier to do still won't change the fact that I don't see any reason to craft.

Call me crazy if you want to but there really is no need to craft. I just finished leveling a Fed-Romulan to 50 and I use fleet gear. I guess it is for those players that want to craft or choose not to join a fleet. Have fun with crafting, it is a useless feature I will never use.
This will probably red flag a nerf for the fleet system gear but that essentially works well. I did that with my Romulan character, completely avoiding anything more than a mild weeks grind of fleet marks to get enough gear to make my Romulan more than sufficient for PvE. The DL I had on other characters helped make up rest. If you really want to run the Rep stuff, you can easily do so after that point to get whatever you want without any desire to actually need any of it.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Captain
# 68
07-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
This will probably red flag a nerf for the fleet system gear but that essentially works well. I did that with my Romulan character, completely avoiding anything more than a mild weeks grind of fleet marks to get enough gear to make my Romulan more than sufficient for PvE. The DL I had on other characters helped make up rest. If you really want to run the Rep stuff, you can easily do so after that point to get whatever you want without any desire to actually need any of it.
I think they are upping the dilithium prices on Fleet gear.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.