Lt. Commander
Wanted to report the fact that I am ALREADY getting spam from the websites that sell gold, or in STO's case, energy credits.

I received this through the Mail system, and I have only been on my character for about 5 minutes (I made him then logged in and logged off).

The message was:
"Hellon,Cheap_Sto_Energy 100K only 19$ .All kinds of Games' Cheap In-game Currency onhttp://www.ignmax.com"

Hopefully you guys will be able to find a way to prevent this from happening in the future. Things like this are such a pain.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpearman View Post
Wanted to report the fact that I am ALREADY getting spam from the websites that sell gold, or in STO's case, energy credits.

I received this through the Mail system, and I have only been on my character for about 5 minutes (I made him then logged in and logged off).

Hopefully you guys will be able to find a way to prevent this from happening in the future. Things like this are such a pain.
Yup, and you just advertised it on the forums complete with price and website. You are either a complete and utter tool, or a seller who is spamming public forums, and still a tool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
thats nothing, I was getting gold spam a week ago in open beta, LOL
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
Yup, and you just advertised it on the forums complete with price and website. You are either a complete and utter tool, or a seller who is spamming public forums, and still a tool.
MorganUK, before posting this I thought that this post might come off like that, sorry if you thought I was some asian spambot. I figured saying what the message was might help. Maybe they can block links to known spamming websites or something. The one thing I just can't stand about your reply is how directly ignorant and offensive you decided to be from the start. Puts a smile on my face <3