Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltAdmiralZander View Post
I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.
That single statement disqualifies you as an MMO player. By that alone I can tell you have played very very few MMO games. There is a laundry list of games with worse releases. Get a clue.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
The real reason the servers are down is because they don't want admirals flying around spacedock scaring the newblets on Tue. They will be like wth and never subscribe.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Lifetime subs make me nervous, ya know? Why offer it, because it's a great new deal? or... maybe the company offering is trying to take the money and run, or preparing to run for it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Star Trek Offline.....heh, thats actually funny

Things will get better though. Cryptic didn't spend tons of dollars, just to f... everything up and kill the game in a month. They at least need to earn enough money to pay for all the expenses. And hopefully have a steady good income from this game
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baensidhe
If you guys were dumb enough to pay for lifetime subscriptions then you deserve whatever you get lol..

Agreed ***** by cryptic ...LOL DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltAdmiralZander View Post
I am almost to the point of demanding my money back. Not just the 240 for the lifetime but at least 40 for my CE of the game. I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.

WAKE UP Cryptic this is STAR TREK not some stupid game like Champions or City of Heros. You should have been prepared for the 40 years of fan base for this game from DAY 1. It is completely unacceptable and asinine on your part to have even thought any other way.
calm down its second day of headstart.. how can one buy a lifetime sub then screaming when second day dont pass perfect...

sorry but /doh
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Let me spell it out for you, buddy.

L I F E T I M E.

What are you crapping your pants about? You have as long as the game exists to play it. Frankly, it's the people who are paying month-to-month who should be ****ed about these kind of downtimes.

Get over yourself and your illusions of privilege.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Now I know why there's so many divorce cases. Suppose to be married for life

Guess not putting down your toilet seat warrant a divorce.
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro2k4
Not really imbecile. His money entitles him to at least play the game, which obviously he can't.
Resorting to name calling, are we? I suppose you think your money entitles you to breaking what I'm sure is a forum rule?

First of all, he came in with some very ignorant statements, misaligned expectations, and a very poor understanding of how MMOs work, but still he began to make "demands" of Cryptic. Now, lets look at that a moment. He's demanding something from Cryptic, on the forums. That right there is a red flag. If he's got a billing/service issue, or wants to lodge a formal complaint, he needs to contact Cryptic. That's not what community forums are for.

Anyone who posts this kind of thing here is doing one thing: seeking validation. He thinks someone ****ed in his Cheerios and he wants to tell the world and maybe find like-minded individuals. That's not constructive. That's whining and, worse, it's enticing others to whine in an inappropriate forum for doing so.

Second, here's a fun fact. This game hasn't had its retail release yet. Which means none of us have put in our retail keys yet. Which means we're not even on our first, free month. Which means... drum roll please... our subscription periods haven't started yet - including the lifetime subscription he and I both have. So no. His $240 lifetime subscription doesn't entitle him to anything yet. It's by Cryptic's good graces that we even have access to our liberated Borg and extra character slots.

Third, another fun fact. No company has ever guaranteed 100% uptime for an MMO. Ever. To do so would be financial suicide. So again, money he has spent doesn't entitle him to play every single second of every single day. What it entitles him to is to play the game when the game is available, and it has been available during the headstart period.

I should really copy&paste this for every thread based around a complaint of a server outage...
Lt. Commander
# 40
I Am Prepared To Pay For A Subscription For The Rest Of My Life But Heaven Help Cryptic If The Server Goes Down At Any Point Before I Die!