Lt. Commander
Judging by the number of "OMG the server is down threads". I can tell many of you have not been present for many MMO launches. The frequency of crashes and server downs that youve been seeing in the past days, is very VERY normal. I dont need my hand to count the number of MMOs that didnt crash on there first day ( or headstart), because there arent any! **** happens, get over it. Instead of exploring the galaxy, go explore outside your house (or cave) for a little bit and come back. Ya never know, the server might be ready when your back.

Now, with that said. Dry up your tears and stop feeding the trolls...

(Yes i know someone probablly already posted a thread about this same topic, but judging by the number of server crash threads, my thread wont hurt anything )
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Another complain about complainers thread.

And this is another complain about people complaining about complainers post.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:35 PM
And this is another /popcorn post.

/popcorn
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:37 PM
*sigh* for every complainer there is some self proclaimed mmo ancient who "Really: knows mmos.

They should know that in the past several years it is actually more common for mmos to be stable at launch then not, channeling lotro, warhammer, and others. Although those games had open betas for longer than two weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballathor
Judging by the number of "OMG the server is down threads". I can tell many of you have not been present for many MMO launches.
And judging by this thread, I can tell you have not been present on many MMO forums, because what you see here is nothing new or unusual.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsbane View Post
*sigh* for every complainer there is some self proclaimed mmo ancient who "Really: knows mmos.

They should know that in the past several years it is actually more common for mmos to be stable at launch then not, channeling lotro, warhammer, and others. Although those games had open betas for longer than two weeks.
LOTRO and WAR were both unstable as hell at launch, though their servers had more uptime than STO does right now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
It does make me wonder how old the people are who make those posts. If they've been around since like the early MMOs and must have been in their late teens then at most. Now they have to be in their 30s almost, maybe even older.

Which is fine.

Just what kind of mature adult comes to a message board to complain about something? Especially in this manner.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 06:45 PM
I will give you LotRO, but Warhammer was far from *stable* at launch. It was not the disaster that other have been, nor was it flawless either. Sorry, but it is NOT common for MMOs to be lag, crash or bug free at launch. LotRO was an exceptional launch but still had lag and stability issues.