Or maybe he's a city fan.
/facepalm

i realize that...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarray
obviously? so there aren't any man u fans in manchester?
Or maybe he's a city fan.
Lt. Commander
# 16 FEB 2nd
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Head Start is a treat / a thank you to beta testers / your lucky you dont have to wait until Feb 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:06 PM
I figured somthing like this would happend so I'm waiting till Tuesday to play, and for all you cry babies saying you payed good money... its 3 days get over it and have some patience.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes_7 View Post
Head Start is a treat / a thank you to beta testers / your lucky you dont have to wait until Feb 2nd.
good lord man. youre attacking me for wanting to receive something that i BOUGHT? i think if you read my original post, you won't find the word "extra" in there. And i distinctly recall when i purchased this game seeing "early access" as being included with preorders. Am I mistaken somewhere? I'm of the mindset that when you offer something for sale and someone buys it, you give it to them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
that isn't sound logic. when we purchased the preorder edition of STO, early access was INCLUDED in that purchase. Therefore we did pay for it. By your logic Cryptic should be able to take away ALL preorder bonuses without explanation and it won't mean anyone was ripped off. By your logic they could just take away all of early access just because they felt like it.
No where does it say that the head start access is included in the price, it says bonus, meaning it is a bonus for purchasing the preorder, there is no included charge in that price. You are not buying the preorder to get the head start, headstart is just an incentive to purchase the preorder.

No, I don't believe they can take away the preorder at will, it is part of the contract when you purchased the game, but you did not spend money on that part of the contract. Just because the servers go down doesn't mean that they are removing your head start in anyway. Server crashes are expected at launch, which we have seen in every MMO game launch, therefore they are still honoring your contract. You have the code and you have access to the game with the knowledge that there will be server crashes.

With that said, your frustration is still understandable

Sorry if anything I said is confusing, its kinda late
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
so the servers have been down for how many hours now? in all seriousness a lot of people paid good money for early access to this game, which they are not getting. i know it's early and problems are expected, but the game is completely unplayable all saturday afternoon. for many players today was the time for them to actually get into the game for the first time. this kind of thing can really hurt a game because this is THE key time for an MMO to gain its player-base. just sayin'.
Perhapes, but this is just a theory, you cant buy everything with money.