Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Attention DEV's. I'm more important than your servers.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydog1 View Post
just LOL!

all this " we want this..we want that...we have to..blaaa"

seriously....stop whining!

let them work...
if they were working we wouldnt be having 3+ hours of downtime on headstart for launch.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-30-2010, 03:39 PM
While we all understand where you are coming from I think that posts like this are just frustration release for some people. I do not think the DEVs deserve to be treat as such. They have been working hard to bring us this game. While I agree that they need to give us patch notes when they patch you need to realize that they are a little busy trying to get the servers up ATM. I am sure when they are done they will update the patch notes, even if it only says "implemented several server stability fixes". Let us be honest if they told you exactly what they did to fix the problem you wouldn't understand most of it anyway.

With all that being said I am highly impressed with the DEVs, having seen some of open beta, and their ability to code this game. I have been part of several BETAs and several MMOs, it is a huge undertaking. Give the game and the DEVs a FAIR shake by being patient and ACTUALLY give the game a chance.

To those new to the MMO business model - welcome to MMOs.

that is it for my rant/reply - Flame or not to Flame - I care not
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
If they fixed the exploit then it doesnt matter where it WAS found as its fixed, duh.

And if they want to be as precise as to say "Changed dimension of Federation UI corner piece #17 from 10/11 pixels to 10X10 pixels' then let them, I'm not so picky as to tell them how to word their patch notes, but if you are then start your own thread, thats off topic here.

They could also say, fixed fed UI to fit better. Or fixed an exploit that some were using in pvp to ________. But like I said if they want to be super detailed about it, more power to them, just as long as there's some kind of patch notes.
Comments like this make you look ten and obnoxious...

Stop posting...

Unless you are a troll, then gj you got us...

Even me becuase I'm posting in this ludicrous thread.

3/10 for capping my already irritating day.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

No. No it isn't in any way, shape or form. You really need to drop that entitlement attitude you have.

They said it was a full server stability patch. thats ALL you need to know.
Nope sorry. Maybe in the UK customers that pay for a service are told to gf yourself by service providers, but not where I'm from; we have expectations when we pay for a product and service.

So again, it is far from absurd to expect input on changes to services or products that we're paying for, even if the changes are simple.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRoa_TJal
I'm sorry but I have to agree that patch notes are a must. I don't like surprises (like the removal of the change instance) and having to hunt around to figure out where things are or why they don't work like they did the last time I logged in.

If that's going to be the norm, I'm not going to play the game. It's annoying to me and it's my money. Cryptic is not 'entitled' to my money I'm allowed to have expectations of a game that I pay for. This ain't beta anymore. We're on paid time now.
Actually Paid Time starts Feb. 2, 2010.. You are in a head start as a thank you from Cryptic to the people who pre-ordered the game. Cryptic could close the servers up today and not re-open them until Feb.2, 2010 and have fufilled all their obligations for Pre-Order and EULA and TOS.

You are still on their grace time.. Paid Time begins Feb. 2, 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-30-2010, 06:08 PM
I support the argument made in the original post.