Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the guide. Although I already knew most of the information from my time in OB, it will definitely be a help to newer players.

One question I have is whether the Warp Core Training/Theorist takes effect before or after console and ship bonuses. For example, let's say your power is set to 25 in Aux, but you are in a science ship (+10) and have a +5 Aux console. Would the bonus be +7 based on your actual power setting of 25, or would it be based off of your effective power setting of 40, providing a smaller bonus?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0d3m0nk3y View Post
Okay I see. I am trying to find a good breakdown of the Science related skills I can pick. There is lots of talk about tachyon and photonics and deflectors etc... But I have no idea what any of it relates to!
See this site that has a list of space abilities: http://sto-intel.org/index.php?title=Space_bo_abilities

There you should see which abilities correspond to which systems in the ship. For example, Tachyon Beam is based off of the Deflector Dish and any bonuses to that system should improve that ability.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris Teta
Sabre did you checked in acutal "combat" space or only sector space? because there it isn`t working.
You were quite right. Saw it in combat. TY!

On a related note, I wonder what the absolute max power number is you can put into weapons...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
One question I have is whether the Warp Core Training/Theorist takes effect before or after console and ship bonuses. For example, let's say your power is set to 25 in Aux, but you are in a science ship (+10) and have a +5 Aux console. Would the bonus be +7 based on your actual power setting of 25, or would it be based off of your effective power setting of 40, providing a smaller bonus?
Warp Core Training bonuses are based upon the power allocation level. That's the "base level that all bonus whether an adder or multiplier are lumped on top of.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
You were quite right. Saw it in combat. TY!

On a related note, I wonder what the absolute max power number is you can put into weapons...
You can push power levels up to 125 is you have enough bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey, thanks for the link to this.

I've got rank 7 Warp Core Training and Warp Theorist in a Cruiser and my power levels are always 53 in balanced mode. This is how it should be according to the chart, but it seems like a small gain for the amount of points invested (700). Do you think the skill needs to be rebalanced to provide a higher power level gain? It just seems like "Can you give me any more power?" and all Scotty sqeezes out of it is 3 on everything from 2 days work of learning how to make the core work better. I mean from a realism standpoint. So much invested for so little gained.

Also according to the chart it sounds like rank 3 in Warp Core and Theorist gets the max extra power levels, but of course that gimps the skill's boost to abilities that mess with power management. So it's good to get rank 7 anyway for the sake of abilities, right? You seem to be advocating 6, though. Why is that?

I'm not new in the sense of how long I've had access (Since CB), but I'm new in the sense of how much I actually got to play (2nd day of OB to end of headstart before school started), so this is appreciated muchly and I'm having questions. I just didn't get to play very much because of how slow I download, downtimes on my available time, horrible lag on entering Sol System, and the amount of research online I was doing at the time. All this contributed to less beta time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I have a silly question I asked everywhere and nobody can actually answer it right. what is the auxiliary power for, what does it power up. if i am in a combat setup how would it influence if i set it to 5 instead of 25. what would start behaving other than the way it normally does..
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Lear
I have a silly question I asked everywhere and nobody can actually answer it right. what is the auxiliary power for, what does it power up. if i am in a combat setup how would it influence if i set it to 5 instead of 25. what would start behaving other than the way it normally does..
Again we see the problem in Cryptic's crypticness. Why is it so difficult for them to provide information?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Lear
Auxiliary is for any BO skill that doesn't have anything to do with Weapons, Shield, or Engine. Hull Repairt, Viral Matrix, Tachyon Beam, Charged Particle Burst, Tractor Beam, Photonic Wave, Scramble Sensors, Crew healing rate, etc. And very important in some ways, turning rate. The basic power schema is 25 system is operational but minimally. Power allocation of 50 is 1x, setting of 75 is 2x, and 100 is 3x. Where X is a buff to the magniutde or duration of the the power effect.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Many thanks ...